• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What must I do to reinstall any version of flash player on a Mac w/ OS X 10.6.8?

Jan 11, 2012 Jan 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the previous version of Adobe Flash Player installed on my Intel Core Duo Mac laptop using OS X 10.6.8 when I was encouraged to download the latest update, version 11.1.102.55. It would not download. I followed the instructions after seeing this question result: Having trouble with download or installation? click here. Then I was offered these choices:

Install the latest version of Flash Player for your browser. Follow these steps:

1. Verify that your computer meets the system requirements for Flash Player
  2. Determine whether an older Flash Player version is already installed on your Mac
  3. Download and install the latest Flash Player version
  4. Uninstall the older Flash Player version (if the installation is not successful for any reason)
  5. Troubleshoot Flash Player download issues (if necessary)

After verifying, determining, again attempting the download numerous times, I uninstalled the older version; now I can not use numerous programs which required the use of Flash Player. Attempting to troubleshoot has not proved useful. Now what?

I can not load any Flash Player version and some of my programs are now useless.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2012 Jan 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, after nearly 3 weeks, I'm not too impressed with this forum. No replies? I uninstalled and reinstalled my OS X 10.6.8 operating system and was able to download an older version of Flash Player. However, I am still not able to install the current version, 11.1.102.55, either using Safari or Firefox. What is the issue? Are these forums ever monitored by Adobe/Macromedia technical personel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 31, 2012 Jan 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2012 Feb 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked at the FAQ link supplied, but nothing there is new or helpful to my situation, and I'm unwilling to uninstall the older version of Flash Player and be without any version as I have a program on this computer an feature of which will not function without the use of Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What applications are requiring older versions of Flash Player be installed?  I'd suggest contacting their support to see if they have an updates version available, as newer versions of Flash Player have security updates applied that we highly recommend you upgrade to.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines