I have the same problem with 35 series of 75 files
Hve you find a answer yet?
No, I haven't, and I have searched all over the internet and cannot find one. I would really appreciate if anyone could write a script for this, or find one that is already written.
What OS and version of InDesign are you on? It's always good to include that in your question.
In addition to Mary's point, you should also state what you're looking for. Some advice on how to go about writing such a script? A ready-made script that you're willing to pay for?
I have a Mac and I'm using InDesign CS5.
I was wondering if anyone has a ready-made script for this or if someone could write one - it would save TONS of time in my own workflow and I'm sure it would help many other people, too.
Ideally, I would love if the script could do all of the following, but I most importantly need steps 1-4:
1. Ask the user to find a folder that contains all of the InDesign documents. (Or just apply this script to all indesign documents that are already open).
2. Have the user select which link they would like to replace. ("old image")
3. Have the user browse and select the new file to replace the old link. ("new image")
4. InDesign replaces "old image" with "new image" in all of these documents.
5. InDesign creates a new folder and saves these updated files in this new folder (preferably with a different name).
Thank you so much!
Just wanted to bump this question back up to the top....
Does anyone have a script like the one I described?