1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 12, 2012 9:55 AM by Grant H

How to set up InDesign to create 5.5 x 8.5 booklet using 8.5 x 11 paper - landscape

jacqnewport01@yahoo.com

Greetings,

I have Adobde Design Suite CS5.    I have also purchased Adobde Creative Suite 5 Bible.  I have read chapter 22 (Designing and Modifying Layouts) - Establishing an InDesign Layout - Page versus Spreads - working with Pages and Spreads...

However, I cannot seem to create two 5.5 x 8.5 pages on 8.5 x 11 paper.   When I selected New Document I was unclear what the "Page Size" meant...  (Letter - half) the page size I want 5.5 x 8.5 or the page size of the paper I am uisng 8.5 x 11 (Letter)

I finally got two "guides" to appear...  I went to the side ruler and dragged two guides, which according to pg 709 of the Bible - makes them "page guides"...  I did this to the "master" page

However, they did not allow me to create sequence page numbers on the "spreads" ...  the page numbers appeared as Page A on both "pages"  and on page 2 they showed as two Page 2's --  perhaps they are not "page guides" ???

What am I doing wrong?    

Thanks.

Jacqueline Newport