5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2012 12:11 PM by PECourtejoie

Has anyone else encountered problems with Adobe CMM clobbering Photoshop add-in filters?

CharlesPierce2

I recently tried to install Adobe CMM, as a pop-up window suggested after I installed Photoshop CS5 on a new computer, running Win7x64 Ultimate. Before trying to install CMM, my Akvis Sketch Plug-In for Photoshop worked fine. Afterwards, Akvis Sketch runs under the filters menu, but will not accept mouse clicks from my Wacom tablet. Prior to Adobe CMM, all was fine. Somehow, the frustrating attempt to use Adobe CMM broke links to Akvis Sketch.

By the way, Adobe CMM setup tried to run and vanished without a trace - no indication of success or failure. CMM doesn't show on my control panel as installed software, so I can't de-install it.

I did un-install Akvis Sketch and re-install it. No luck as a filter, nor as a stand-alone program.

Additional point of interest - a second identical software/hardware workstation continues to run Akvis Sketch just fine because we didn't try installing Adobe CMM on that machine. It certainly looks like CMM is the culprit here.

Since Akvis Sketch is broken as a stand-alone, I doubt that de-activating, uninstalling and then re-installing, re-activating Photoshop CS5 will help, but it will take a lot of time to recreate actions and re-install other add-ins, plus preferences settings.

Has anyone else encountered problems with Adobe CMM clobbering Photoshop add-in filters, and have you found a work-around?