2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2012 11:16 AM by Mylenium

After effects tutorial ?

trialboj Level 1

Can somebody give me a link, for a tutorial in wich is presented, how could i do stuff like THIS

• 1. Re: After effects tutorial ?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'll give you the basics of doing it all in AE. We'll use rectangular gradient filled rectangles then apply Polar Coordinates to bend them to curves. It's easier than trying to create a gradient filled curved line. The gradients will be colors and opacity so that the trailing edges fade out.

Screen Shot 2012-01-13 at 8.57.44 AM.png

Create a new composition. Add a long thin shape layer filled with a gradient above the center of the comp. Add more if you want.

Make them all parallel and horizontal. Add Effect>Distort>Polar Coordinates and set the interpolation to 100% and the Type to Rect to Polar. This will give you your curved gradient.

Screen Shot 2012-01-13 at 8.58.08 AM.png

Repeat the process until you have a bunch of these.

Pre-compose each set of curves making sure that you move attributes to the new composition.  Then make the pre-comps 3D, rotate 90º in X and and animate rotation in Z. Add and animate the a camera. If you have multiple layers offset each a little in Z to give the separation you see.

Screen Shot 2012-01-13 at 9.13.03 AM.png

Or you could create the artwork in Illustrator on multiple layers, or in Photoshop.

All you have to do to duplicate an effect is break it down into elements. This one is just curved gradients rotating.

• 2. Re: After effects tutorial ?
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

...or you could just learn how to use Shape layers with circles and Trim Path modifiers and/or Circles with Radial Wipes?!

Mylenium