• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing PPT to Captivate is causing Captivate to Crash

Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Smart Folks,

I am have been successfully converting several lengthy PPT presentations to Captivate and now suddenly one is not working.  I begin from the start screen (create new...from PPT), which then opens PPT, goes through a bunch of processes and ends up with a screen where you choose which slides you want to import.  This one presentation, not any different in length from the others to my knowledge, causes Cp to freeze on that last screen (screenshot attached).  That is to say, it goes through the same lengthy import/conversion process of each slide before it freezes on that box.  When it gets to that box, it doesn't matter where I click - I have to force quit Captivate in order to move on.  The PPT file is stored locally.  I have tried others and they still work.  Am I missing something?  Oh, I am on a Mac with Cp version 5.5, PPT 2008.

Thanks!

Screen shot 2012-01-11 at 10.40.11 PM.png

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2012 Jan 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is this only the case with this one PPT? In that case, try to import not all at once, but use the Import Powerpoint Slide functionality in a blank project (you have already the resolution that you can use as I see on your screenshot).

If you have the same issue with more PPT's, perhaps something is wrong with CP. Try first to clear the cache. No solution: delete the preferences folder. It is labeled CP5.5, and its path depends on your OS. For Win7 this is the path:

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2012 Jan 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

And another approach if things just don't seem to work otherwise, is to simply play the PowerPoint and use Captivate to record it as it plays. Just as if you were recording a software demonstration.

In some cases, you may wish to use Full Motion Recording to do this.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources