4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2012 2:18 PM by John T Smith

Best Settings for Exporting Projects for Future Encore Burns

Toomany3 Level 1

I know I can dynamically link an entire Premiere project to Encore, but my 30 minute projects tend to take 5 hours to render due to a lot of effects.   So I don't want to do that.

I don't want to burn a bunch of DVDs and have them sitting around so I prefer burning just what I need for distribution when needed.  But having it take 5 hours to render every time has made us render out a completed version of the program FIRST in Premiere, then send that pre-rendered file to Encore to cut down on processing time.  But I'm not sure if my settings are the best they could be.

The show is shot it 1920x1080 29.97p.  We burn it to regular DVD and to Bluray.

What would you recommend as a good codec and settings for this situation? 

I want to keep the quality as high as necessary, without rendering out Quicktime Animation file sizes... Or DNxHD file sizes for that matter. 

We've been using h.264 at 30/35 quality settings, but wanted some other opinions for our current setup.  Is there a better option out there?