9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2012 4:24 AM by PATTHORN2

ADE

PATTHORN2

I have purchased a book from google but it appears that having paid for ti it's not mine and I have to jump through a load of hoops designed by Adobe to frustrate my right to access the text on my Ebook. I have tired to comply with this nonsense to no avail having been through the authorisation loop about 20 times and just getting

E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate 2012-01-06T09:55:26-08:00%20(1325872526000)%20is%20before%202012-01-13T09:24:57-08:00%20( 1326475497706)

and yes I have checked the time on the computer now and when I purchased it .I am not sure about the time zone this may have been out but its hardly likely.

This system is almost akin to Fraud .I think I have every right to expect to get a PDF or an Epub file when I buy one !!!!!   not a link to some arcane site that decides whether I,m allowed to view what Ive purchased or not.

• 1. Re: ADE
          Jim_Lester Level 4

Did you check the date.  The time that the activation server is complaining about is one week earlier (Jan 6th) than the current time (Jan 13th).

• 2. Re: ADE
            PATTHORN2 Level 1

So does that mean that unless you transfer the file at the time you buy it you are screwed? I have a receipt for the purchase so surely as long as  don't do it several times(copywrite) I can do it when I like?

• 3. Re: ADE
              Frustrated in AZ Level 4

This message is always associated with time and date.  You need to make

sure that your computer and your ereader are set to the same time, date AND

time zone.

=============

• 4. Re: ADE
                PATTHORN2 Level 1

So should I " frig " the current time and date of my computer to enable me to process the file that allows me to access a " key " that would enable me to gain acces to a file that I bought in good faith?   

• 5. Re: ADE
                  Frustrated in AZ Level 4

It makes sense logically to think that, if you change your computer's date,

you can get the file and the computer synchronized....

=============

• 6. Re: ADE
                    PATTHORN2 Level 1
                                                      Order date: Jan 12, 2012 11:16:38 PM                
                                                      Google order number: 14548820702893835747.0000004895629758              

Qty                                 Item                                  Price                             
                    1                                                                    The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas                -                 Google eBook                                                                £4.99 GBP                            
                                                                              (Includes VAT of £0.93 GBP)               
                                                  Cart Total:                              £4.99 GBP                            

Paid with: VISA xxx-3927      

• 7. Re: ADE
                      PATTHORN2 Level 1

Please note the date of the invoice!

• 8. Re: ADE
                        Jim_Lester Level 4

That most likely came from a server, not your computer.  It is own you computer that it is likely that your date is off by a week.

• 9. Re: ADE
                          PATTHORN2 Level 1

I have managed finally to authorise my PC and My E-Book by playing around with the dates and zones etc. Thank you for your assistance in this matter .The file will not open in the E-Book unfortunately but I suspect thats a different problem and not Adobes.