22 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2012 10:23 AM by danr26791318

ProRes 422 file problem (CS5/Win7)

BVX3001 Level 1
      I've searched here and on the web but couldn't find a similar case.
      I have a problem with long ProRes 422 files recorded on an AJA Ki Pro. The critical one I need to edit is 141 GB. A couple files in the 2 GB range import and play fine on a Premiere CS5 timeline. But trying to import even just a 14 GB file will not work. I instead get the error message "Unsupported format or damaged file." The larger files will not even open in the current QuickTime Player, telling me "error 2048: Couldn't open the file xxxxx.mov because it is not a file that QuickTime understands." Again, the 2 GB files play fine in QT.
      Have any of you seen and solved this? There can't really be a size or length limitation can there?
      I did have to copy the files using a Macbook (w/ Windows) from the original Mac-formatted hard drive to a new Windows-friendly one if that in some way raises a flag. I also tried to download the ProRes Windows 1.0 codec from Apple's site and found that I already have a newer version installed (and how does THAT happen??).

Of course, this is a rush edit job too. Thanks much in advance for any advice you might have.