4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2012 11:57 AM by shooternz

How can  mask in the shape of a picture frame?

Deaner77 Level 1

I can't figure this out. I have a picture frame in fixed camera shot. I want everything to be hidden (including what is inside the picture frame) except the photo frame,

how do I do this?

Thanks,

Dean

• 1. Re: How can  mask in the shape of a picture frame?
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can use the titler to draw all kind of shapes to cover up you dont want.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How can  mask in the shape of a picture frame?
            BVX3001 Level 1

I'd use Ann's method for the inside of the frame, and for the outside use the Crop tool under Video Effects > Transform.  It could be very quick & easy, unless you did not shoot the frame perfectly level and square to the lens. Then you have to get dirty with something from the Distort or Perspective effects to match everything.

• 3. Re: How can  mask in the shape of a picture frame?
              Deaner77 Level 1

OK...This is starting to drive me a little nuts . I can draw custom shapes in the titler, but they only appear as a path with a stroke applied....even though it is set to have a fill. The only way I can get a shape to have a fill is to draw a box from the shapes area.

What I am trying to do is have a photo appear behind the frame, then slide out from behind the frame and scale down as it moves to the right and finally dissapears behind the pyramid. can someone please help me out with a little more detailed instruction as how to do this?

Thanks

Dean

Chapter 10670.png

• 4. Re: How can  mask in the shape of a picture frame?
                shooternz Level 6

From your grab..I assume the frame is not a filled a frame. ie the inside / outside  is transparent.

If so...I would use Corner Pin to insert the image in perspective and behind the frame .  That needs to be on a video layer below the frame.

Then I would use Motion to scale and move it.

If the frame is not actually a "frame" - the simplest  way would be to use Photoshop to make it a frame.

ie. Make the frame a graphic - Frame only.

Then lose the original frame with a garbage matte or a linear wipe or a crop.