2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2012 8:55 AM by fhxfhx

Typing Text animation with Noise and A Bit Of Randomness

fhxfhx Level 1

Hi, I've used this nice tutorial to animate text typing, but it doesn't show how the sond and timing randomness is set like here and I like the way the rendering of the letters is delayed a bit and the cursor too ! Does anyone know how this is setup ? I didn't find anything corresponding in the properties.

Regards,

Frank

• 1. Re: Typing Text animation with Noise and A Bit Of Randomness
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Try using the Word Processor animation preset. You'll find it under Animation Presets>Text>MultiLIne.

Just add an extra character at the end of your text. It doesn't matter what it is. Then press UU to reveal all of the animators. Go the the last keyframe for Type On and adjust the Type On slider to a value that's one less than the total number of characters in your text string. You can watch this happen.

That's about it. Just make sure that you are using a font that has an Underscore. You can set the symbol you're using for the Cursor by adjusting the Character Value in the text animators. 127 is the | and 95 is the _

This is a very common effect and several ways to achieve it are found by simply doing a Google search for After Effects blinking cursor.

• 2. Re: Typing Text animation with Noise and A Bit Of Randomness
            fhxfhx Level 1

Thx Rick, is there also a way to turn on typing audio to it ? Haven't seen any on google or user manual, in the layers properties I didn't find anything related to audio. Is there something like an expression to use to sync a sound.wav to each letter being revealed or how is this usually dione ?