2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2012 4:18 PM by the_wine_snob

SIZE MATTERS inserting pics default settings

Beanstalker70

Is there a setting that will automatically "fit" a jpg (or other still) to the resolution of the project without having to go in and zoom for each still?

For example the resolution of most of my stills is much smaller than the HD output of the project.  When I drop them on the timeline they are initially small (at 100%) and I have to resize each one every time.  Very time consuming.

db

• 1. Re: SIZE MATTERS inserting pics default settings
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Scale to Default Frame Size (or similar syntax - things change a bit, version to version) should get you what you want.

Now, one can also Scale the Still Images in Photoshop, and even can do that in a batch for an entire folder. In that case, one would Scale to the exact Frame Size of the Sequence.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: SIZE MATTERS inserting pics default settings
            the_wine_snob Level 9

A third method, and possibly useful, depending on what the pixel x pixel size of your Still Images, would be to Import your Stills, and then place them onto the Timeline, as required. Next, go to the first Still Image, manually do the Motion>Scale on it, until it is exactly as you want. When done, Rt-click on that Still, and choose Copy. Then, Select all other Stills, or the same pixel x pixel dimension, and Rt-click on those, choosing Paste Attributes - done.

Good luck,

Hunt