3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2012 6:27 AM by maxwellmb

Why are the FLV Play Back controles wider than my actual video clip

maxwellmb

Hi

I have created a video clip rendered as a wmv file.

I then convered it to FLV format using Flash Media Encoder CS5.

When I import the video into Flash CS5 using either File/Import Video

or by clicking on the source icon in the FLV play back component panel

the left and right sides of the component are about 20 pixels wider than the actual video clip.

I would like the play back controles to be the same width as the video clip.

Please see screenshot bellow -

screenshot.jpg

• 1. Re: Why are the FLV Play Back controles wider than my actual video clip
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You could try using a different skin and se if there is a narrower one.  There might also be an option to have the player size according to the video so you should check the properties of the FLVPlayback in the help documentation.  One other thing in case all else fails, make sure your video is actually the size you think it is and it isn't including tarnsparent areas to the sides.

• 2. Re: Why are the FLV Play Back controles wider than my actual video clip
            adninjastrator Level 4

Most likely you have the video player dimensions set wrong. The video itself will keep it's aspect ratio (width to height) even if one or the other dimensions is not correctly set.... so the video won't look squished down or stretched up and down.

Space on the sides means that the height is not great enough to allow the video to display at it's full width. Space at the top and bottom means that the video is not wide enought to display the full height.

When using the FLVPlayback, if you use a skin with the controls under the video, you have to add the height of the controls to the height of the video.... so for example a 400px x 300px video should be displayed at 400 x 325 or so. You'll have to experiment a little to find the exact height of the controls.

Best wishes,

Adninjastrator

• 3. Re: Why are the FLV Play Back controles wider than my actual video clip
              maxwellmb Level 1

Hi

Thanks for your sugestions!

Looks like the problem had something to do with the settings I chose when rendering

my video clip as WMV.

I exported the video from Premiere Pro as Microsoft DV AVI then converted

it FLV in Adobe Media Encoder and the playback component is now the same

width as my video.

Please see screenshot bellow -

screenshot2.jpg