5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2012 5:14 AM by Peter Spier

InDesign CS6 Mac

James_233 Level 1

Does anyone know:

1. Will CS6 run under Snow Leopard

2. What will be the minimum Mac hardware requirements

Thanks

• 1. Re: InDesign CS6 Mac
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Details for CS6 have not yet been released, so nobody here who might actually know will be able to answer that question, and anyone else is just speculating. That said, Adobe has a history of making sure that apps run on OS versions that their customers still run and tend not to abandon any OS before it is pretty long in the tooth.

As far as minimum requirements, if you have only the minimum now for CS5, I'd be upgrading hardware, not because I think the requirements will be changing, but because I think the minimum requirement translate into "the application will install, and it will run, if you consider turtlesque performance to be running." Minimum requirements don't guarantee a pleasant user experience, especially if you are planning on using this as a professional.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: InDesign CS6 Mac
            James_233 Level 1

My main Mac should be OK, but I am also hoping that my Mac laptop, which is a couple of years older, will still work with CS6.

I have to run Snow Leopard on it because Apple has abandoned fax etc so my BT dongle will not work in Lion. I use my MacBookPro when I am out and about in case a client may call wanting immediate changes to a job.

• 3. Re: InDesign CS6 Mac
              Viznavi

Me too wants the same information. I would like to buy a new MAC... So, I want to know the system requirements for InDesign CS6..

Any help would be appreciately greatly....

Thank you!

• 4. Re: InDesign CS6 Mac
                BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You’ll have to wait for an announcement.

Bob

• 5. Re: InDesign CS6 Mac
                  Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Viznavi wrote:

I would like to buy a new MAC... So, I want to know the system requirements for InDesign CS6..

As Bob says, official word is not yet out, but it's pretty unlikely that CS6 wouldn't run on new hardware (though there's no way to tell what apple might break in a new release of Mountain Lion). Personally, if I were in the market for new hardware, I'd buy now before the new OS is released and you're forced to use it before the bug fixes. Adobe can't really test against an OS that Apple hasn't yet released -- they may well have beta versions, but it's a moving target if Apple makes changes at the last minute, as they often do.