10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2012 7:57 AM by the_wine_snob

White Space and Import to Encore!

carcleo

Happy 2012!

I have two doubts for a beginner in Encore:

1) In the video, I had to cut a piece of 3 seconds duration without hacking the audio track. It was an empty space between cuts. How do I fill out the empty space, for example, with an effect?

2) Well, I rode a string of movies with transitions, reservation of chapters and scenes and everything in Premier CS4 and would like to import this project in Encore CS4 Premiere CS5 do not need to render (or not get it) video in Premiere (and lose the markings of the chapters).

How do I do that?

Happy 2012!

Carlos Rocha    

• 1. Re: White Space and Import to Encore!
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Carlos,

Not sure what happened, but you had a similar post, where you were trying to add Transitions, but had a 4 sec. gap. I tried to post the below reply, but that post disappeared. Not sure it it still applies, but this is what I tried to post to that thread:

If you have a 4 sec. "gap," that you wish to keep and display as black, go to the New Icon on the Project Panel, and create Black Video. It's Duration will be whatever you have set in Edit>Preferences for Default Still Duration, but you can Trim that Black Video, just like you would do with other Video. Fill that gap with the 4 sec. of Black Video, and you can then add Transitions to/from that.

If you do not want 4 sec. of black, then think about inserting a cut-away, though 4 sec. would be fairly short. Basically, what you will be doing is creating a J-Cut, or L-Cut, depending on where you locate the Audio. This ARTICLE goes into more detail.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: White Space and Import to Encore!
            carcleo Level 1

These methods did not work.

My difficulty is that there is a wedding song playing in the background. I can not cut it you know? This is what complicates the situation.

So I thought I just cut the video and create a transition effect between the cuts go through the empty piece that was cut.

But this is not possible because of the empty space between cuts.

Other thing, saw in a wedding video, an effect where the guy is passing the video and then he freezes the screen, a little sound out of digital camera and then leaves a file (rotated) with borders on top of video by about two seconds and the video continues.

How can I achieve this effect?

What do you call this effect?    

• 3. Re: White Space and Import to Encore!
              Powered by Design Level 4

What you need to do is UNLINK your media.

Just right click the video and choose unlink.

This way you can keep the audio and just cut the video.

GLenn

picture094.jpg

• 4. Re: White Space and Import to Encore!
                carcleo Level 1

I think I expressed myself poorly.

Not that I can not cut the audio using Unlink. But yes, I should not. For it is a background music and would be easy to notice that the audio was cut because the singer's voice. Do you understand?

So is this: I need to cut a piece of video, without cutting the audio. So will a hole in the video I need to fill with an effect, transition, or else that the cut last time but let it be seen the part that was cut from the video.

I tried putting a black video with a transition before and after him another and stretching transitions until they are in the middle of video black. But when I play the video, the black part of the video (in transition), the transition shows the part of the video was cut.    

• 5. Re: White Space and Import to Encore!
                  Paul Mc Bride

carcleo wrote:

I tried putting a black video with a transition before and after him another and stretching transitions until they are in the middle of video black. But when I play the video, the black part of the video (in transition), the transition shows the part of the video was cut.    

The problem you are having now is to do with 'Handles' - insufficient video either side of your transition.

The article below should give you some assistance in that direction.

help.adobe.com/en_US/PremierePro/4.0/WS17A423FB-FEF8-4172-A7C8-8521D8CCB8C8.html

As another option, could you cut your video as you have done and extend either side of it using time remapping/ slow motion as an effect to fill up the gap?

• 6. Re: White Space and Import to Encore!
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Carlos,

To fill the "gap" you could use a Cutaway shot, or a Freeze Frame of the last Frame of the Clip preceeding the gap.

From another thread, I think that you have settled on the Freeze Frame, and have then added Effects to that. Is that correct?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: White Space and Import to Encore!
                      carcleo Level 1

More or less I think I found a solution.

I did the following:

I put a movie in black hole and add transitions before and after him. These transitions were stretched to the one right and one to the left until they meet.

Now, I want to find a way to make the transition go first to the middle and the other half to the beginning. Type in a fade.

With the fa that?

As the scene the moment the bride and groom are talking to each other, what transition you guide me to use?    

• 8. Re: White Space and Import to Encore!
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

About 99% of my Transitions are: Butt-Cuts (no Transition), Cross-Dissolves or Dip-to-Black. Though I have hundreds, and even a little program (Pixelan's SpiceMaster, that allows for easy custom Transitions), I seldom use others. Also, I do not do weddings, so that might well account for my Transition usage. Several folk here do shoot/edit weddings, and may have all sorts of ideas for you, regarding Transitions.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 9. Re: White Space and Import to Encore!
                          carcleo Level 1

I uninstalled K-Lite codec and now able to export from Premiere to Encore but I preferred to generate the same. Avi it's time to open the Encore but is fast.

Now I have another problem:

I have a main menu with a button to call up a menu of scenes.

In the scene menu, when I choose a scene,

Note: Mu movie is all in a single timeline markers separated by chapters.

the scene plays and when it ends, it instead to vote for the menu of scenes she advances to the next scene timeline.

I tried to configure overrite menu_cenas however to no avail.

What do I do?

Note: This occurred in the Encore Preview.

Will, if I generate the DVD files, solves this problem?    

• 10. Re: White Space and Import to Encore!
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

From the other thread:

Look into Chapter Playlists for your Buttons. You can set each Chapter's End Action to Go To Menu, where you specify the Menu, and even which Button will be the default, say the next Chapter's Button. For a Play All, you will just do a Chapter Playlist, with your Chapters in the order that you want, and that Chapter Playlist will "override" the Chapter's End Action. Note: do NOT use physical Overrides! You will get an information message, telling you that the Chapter Playlist will cause the Chapter's End Action to not function, but that is just for information.

Good luck, and for Encore questions, there is a great, and very active Encore Forum.

Hunt

PS - note that Encore cannot do Chapter Playlists for BD, but they are wonderful for DVD.