1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 15, 2012 6:26 AM by Steve Grisetti

Font Capture: PhotoshoptServer.exe - Application Error

ArthurSchwieger

I installed Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 and Adobe Premiere Elements 10 onto my XP laptop.  When I boot my system, I am getting this error: Font Capture: PhotoshopServer.exe - Application Error   The instruction at "0x01aace4a" referenced memory at "0x00000014". The memory count not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program

I have seen other people posting this issue.  I have not seen anything about what it is or how to resolve it.  I have uninstalled Photoshop and then reinstalled.  Still getting the error on boot.  I found two versions of the exe.  When I run them, they don't seem to do anything other than open up a command window and then close it.  No errors are shown.

Not sure why I was sent to the Forum page when I was on the Support page and there is a box to ask a question I get sent to the Forum section where questions seem to be asked but no answers.

• 1. Re: Font Capture: PhotoshoptServer.exe - Application Error
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

First, go to Windows Update and select the Custom option so that you can install ALL of the latest updates -- including the non-critical ones. This will ensure you also have important updated drivers and software updates.

Then, for good measure, I recommend running Advanced System Care Free on your system to give it a good tune-up. An XP computer is between 5 and 12 years old, and that's a lot of time to gather up a lot of junk and temp files.

http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html

And of course ensure you have the latest version of Quicktime from Apple.com, per the program's requirements. And then go to the Help menu of any Adobe product and Check for Updates.

Then reboot.

If that doesn't fix it, it sounds like you may have a corrupted font. But that may take some troubleshooting to determine.