6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2012 10:17 AM by NeedExpertHelp

No output from PE10 after burning to folder 4.7 if I add a DVD menu

NeedExpertHelp

I have Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Quad i7, 4GB RAM.

I have a two hour play recorded in ACHVD. I have the main play and three sub scenes.

If I burn it as a DVD to folder 4.7GB in AutoPlay mode, it burns without any issues.

If I add a menu, it will go through the steps and indicate it burned successfully, but there are no files in the folder.

I've tried burning to a DVD, same thing, no output.

I've uninstalled all content, uninstalled PE10, deleted left-over folders, and cleaned the registry.

I restarted and re-installed PE10 without adding any content and did a test with one clip and a menu - it burned.

I then tried my play. No output.

I've tried burning it to Folder 8.5GB, no output.

I have many hours invested in editing this video.

• 1. Re: No output from PE10 after burning to folder 4.7 if I add a DVD menu
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Two hours is way too much video for a standard DVD, Expert. And the fact that you're using AVCHD video as your source video is only compounding that. Although a two-hour video should easily fit on a dual-layer disc.

Try this: Rather than burning directly to a DVD or DVD files, go to Share/Computer/AVI with the DV preset and output your movie as an AVI. (I'm assuming your original project was set up properly for your AVCHD video source.)

Then open up a new project, set up for DV, and add this AVI to its timeline and add your menu markers and menus. You should have not problems outputting DVD files to a folder from here -- and it should do so much, much faster than it would from your AVCHD project.

• 2. Re: No output from PE10 after burning to folder 4.7 if I add a DVD menu
            NeedExpertHelp Level 1

I went back and created a new project.and re-edtied the entire project. I found the issue to be Stop Markers. If I burn the project to a folder with Stop Markers, I don't get any output. If I burn it to a folder without the Stop Markers, I get output and the menus are correct. But when you play a menu item, and it gets to the end, it obviously does not stop and return to the main menu.

My total project output, without stop markers is 4.05GB - under the 4.7GB limit.

My project has four parts. A Play, Meet & Greet, Photos, and Behind the Scenes (out-takes)

I'm using a menu and it has one submenu with three items.

The whole purpose of Stop Markers is so that if you have multiple sections, the viewer will be taken back to the main menu at the end of each section.

Anyone have a solution?

• 3. Re: No output from PE10 after burning to folder 4.7 if I add a DVD menu
              nealeh Level 5

It is probably because you included a Stop Marker at the very end of your timeline. As PRE treats the timeline end as a Stop manually adding one there can cause burn problems.

Add back your Stop Markers, except for the one at the end of the timeline, and you should get a good burn.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 4. Re: No output from PE10 after burning to folder 4.7 if I add a DVD menu
                NeedExpertHelp Level 1

Removed the stop marker at the end and rebunred. No output.

• 5. Re: No output from PE10 after burning to folder 4.7 if I add a DVD menu
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What happens in you select the option to burn your DVD files to a folder on your hard drive rather than directly to a disc?

It's not possible that it's creating a folder but not creating files inside it. Is it creating a folder at all? If so, is there a VIDEO_TS folder in it?

Make sure that before you do this you, a) do a Save As to save your project file to a new name, inside a new, empty folder; b) you output your DVD files to a new, empty folder, not one that's previously been used for your DVD files or already contains files.

• 6. Re: No output from PE10 after burning to folder 4.7 if I add a DVD menu
                    NeedExpertHelp Level 1

Problem Solved

I erased all scene markers.

I entered a stop marker at the end of the first scene and then a scene marker at the beginning of the next scene and burned - the files were in the output folder.

I added the rest of them in order, stop > scene > stop > scene and then did not place a stop marker at the end of the last scene as was suggested above. I burned it and the file outputed.

Previosly I had entered all of the scene markers first, and when we played the DVD, we noticed the player did not stop at the end of a scene and return to the main menu. So, we went back and added the stop markers.

Premiere Elements preferred the stop and scene markers be set in order on my project.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions!