I've been working in 5.5 for several weeks and have successfully created and published several ePubs. All of the sudden, yesterday, my Export to Epub quit working properly. Previously, whatever changes I made in this dialog box were retained everytime I exported. Now, whenever I export, it doesn't matter what changes I make (i.e. include meta data, select cover image, use articles, etc.) the program disregards my settings and goes to the default. I've removed all preferences, didn't work. I uninstalled InDesign and reinstalled, didn't work. I updated to the 7.2 patch, didn't work.
I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.8.
I've removed all preferences, didn't work
When someone reports this, I always feel obligated to check HOW the did it, as ID prefs are acutally two files that need to be repalced, and doing half the job, or the wrong half, usually doesn't work. See Replace Your Preferences