3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2012 5:08 PM by Peter Spier

Como ajustar campos de texto a contenido

manutebol

Hola,

Primero avisar de que es mi primer post y no se si lo he colocado en lugar adecuado, si no es asi, por favor avisadme y lo pondre en lugar conveniente.

Mi problema:

Necesito saber si existe alguna opcion para ajustar los campos de texto al contenido. Me explico, estoy realizando una combinacion de datos con indesign, me encuentro con el problema de que tengo que ajustar el tamaño de fuente al campo mas largo que tengo. El problema es que cuando tengo un campo con pocos caracteres, me sale muy pequeño. Mi idea es que el tamaño de fuente se adapte al contenido del campo, pero no se como hacerlo. Alguien me puede ayudar?

Muchas gracias por vuestro tiempo

• 1. Re: Como ajustar campos de texto a contenido
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Entiende Ingles?

I don't write Spanish any longer. It looks to me as if you are trying to auto-fit text frames to the content. Is this document built using Data Merge, or some other method? You can "Fit Frame to Content," but it you cannot do it automatically during a merge. It will help us help you if you can give us more details about the project and which verion of InDesign, and what operating system, you are using.

• 2. Re: Como ajustar campos de texto a contenido
            manutebol Level 1

Hello

I try to explain. I'm using Indesign CS3 in windows 7 system. I'm using data merge method with text formatted data (txt).

I have fields where I need to put names, this have diferents lenghts (characters). For example, need to place in the same mesure of field diferents names like "SUE" or "JOHN ANTHONY", I have the idea of any kind of system that adjust the font size depends the number of characters. I use the overset text option to repair, with the report that shows all the text that is afected. But now I have a job with 12000 names and it's a lot of job to do with this system. I need something like a script that fixes automatically. Can you understand me?

Sorry for my english, I don't use usally.

Thanks a lot.

• 3. Re: Como ajustar campos de texto a contenido
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Your English is a lot better than my  Spanish.

THis problem was raised her a year or two ago, and someone, perhaps Harbs, wrote a script to adjust the font size to fit the frame for someone who was doing name tags -- a project that seems quite similar to what you are doing. I did a search and got lucky. Here's the link to the scripts: http://in-tools.com/downloads/indesign/scripts/FitTextToFrame.zip

And here's the other discussion: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2603447