2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2012 2:36 PM by Arrakis

animating shape tangents

Arrakis Level 1

The other day I was playing around with a bezier shape and I was animating the movement of the tangents so that the sahpe was morphing over time but I cant remember how I did it. Im lloking through all the different properties and trying things but none of them seem to do this.    Can someone please remind me how to do it as I have searched endlessly for information about this and cannot find any.    Thanks

• 1. Re: animating shape tangents
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There's a stopwatch next to the path (shape layer) or Mask Path for a mask. Only shapes on shape layers created with the pen tool can have animated paths. The rest, rectangle, ellipse, star, polygon, are animated using numeric values under their shape properties. If you want to quickly get to these properties press the u key twice quickly with the layer selected. This will reveal all properties not at default values. It will reveal the path for masks and the path for shapes, and the numeric properties for shape layers generated with the shape tools.

Hope this helps.

• 2. Re: animating shape tangents
            Arrakis Level 1

Thanks Rick, you can also option drag a shape and animate the path of that I just discovered.