8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2012 10:47 AM by Atul Agarwal

ver 10.1.2 - can't print, dialog box too big

Judiellen2

Last night I updgraded my Adobe Reader to ver 10.1.2 (don't remember what version I had prior). The upgrade installed without any problem. This morning when I downloaded a form from the internet, I wasn't able to print it because the when the print dialog box opens up, it is soo big it's off the bottom of the screen and I can't get to the OK/Print button and there is no way to adjust the screen size. I tried printing some other PDFs I had stored on my PC but have the same problem. I have an HP laptop with Windows 7 professional 64 bit and my printer is Epson Artisan 837. I had no problem printing a PDF prior to this upgrade. I checked my printer and it has the latest driver. I didn't have any problem printing anything else. I can print from the internet and I can print all my microsoft docs and the dialog box is fine. It is only the Adobe PDF dialog box that is the problem. I ended up uninstalling ver 10.1.2 and then uploaded an older ver 9.5. Now I can print again and the dialog box is fine. Is this just a problem with ver 10.1.2. Does this mean I can never upload another upgrade? I can't find any way to contact Adobe with this issue either unless I buy a support contract? Any ideas anyone?

• 1. Re: ver 10.1.2 - can't print, dialog box too big
          1eyetiger

I had the same prob with the dialog box you can move the window up a little and just get the print button or you could change your sreeen resolution in display properties but you might find as i did and many others that have updated to 10.1.2 you can't print anyway because there is something wrong with the update it comes up with a print error mine says there is no paper in the printer , which there is paper, I had no prob with previous versions I uninstalled it and reinstalled 9.5 and it works without any problems

• 2. Re: ver 10.1.2 - can't print, dialog box too big
            Atul Agarwal Adobe Employee

Dear users,

This is an already known behavior at our end. As a workaround, we do provide a scroller on the right side of the print dialog which can be made use of to print your documents.

Hope this is useful.

Thanks,

Atul Agarwal

Adobe Systems

• 3. Re: ver 10.1.2 - can't print, dialog box too big
              Judiellen2 Level 1

To 1eyetiger - thanks for your reply and info. I found I was not able to move the dialog box up at all. The top of the box was already at the very top of the screen. After posting I did find something about trying to change your screen resolution which I had not done. Although that post did indicate that for some that option didn't even work. Since I reverted to the 9.5 version everything seems to be fine and I will leave it that way for now until Adobe works out obvious bugs. Thanks again.

To Atul - thanks for your reply also - howvever there was no scroll bar on the print dialog box (I did look for one believe me). Scrolling with the PDF doc page bar was no help for the print dialog box and did not move it. I did find that if I played with the scroll wheel on my mouse moving it back and forth, sometimes it would /shrink the print box up just a little (enough to get to the button) but the problem was it was also at the same time scrolling through printer choice options and changing my printer selection. As soon as I tried to change back to the correct printer option, the page dropped the box and the button back down out of view. My printer has a network connection so there are several options in the printer choice box, same printer but several options, one for network, one for usb, one for fax network, one for fax usb as well as other options for other printers I don't use. The only option which would move the box up far enough was the fax usb which was no help to me and then I don't know if the page would have even stayed there long enough to click the print/ok button.

• 4. Re: ver 10.1.2 - can't print, dialog box too big

Judiellen2,

May i please know the Display resolution on your screen?

Thanks,

Atul

• 5. Re: ver 10.1.2 - can't print, dialog box too big
                  Judiellen2 Level 1

My screen resolution is currently set at 1280 x 720 so that I can read it. The recommended setting for this screen (17" HP laptop) is 1600 x 900 but I can't even read that with glasses.

• 6. Re: ver 10.1.2 - can't print, dialog box too big

Judiellen2,

I can see the scroller showing up at my end for lower resolutions. Please find below the fresh screenshot of the same.scroller.jpg

I believe at your end, the dialog is fitting just right across on the current screen resolution and that is why you are not able to see the scroller. In case, you change the resolution further then It will appear.

Thanks,

Atul

• 7. Re: ver 10.1.2 - can't print, dialog box too big
                      Judiellen2 Level 1

Thank you for your help. That may have been the case and perhaps if I changed my screen resolution that would have helped. However my screen resolution is fine for everything else I do and since I have eyesight problems it is comfortable as it is. Everything is fine now that I have reverted to the older version 9.5 but at some point I will try to upload the newer version again and try your suggestions. I'm saving this for future reference. Thank you for your help. It is appreciated. Sometimes on forums like this your question goes unanswered or no one responds. So your help is appreciated. Thanks!

• 8. Re: ver 10.1.2 - can't print, dialog box too big

Judiellen2,

Thanks for being patient. Feel free to contact me directly at atulagar@adobe.com in case you face any Acrobat related issue in future.

Thanks,

Atul Agarwal