3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2006 12:53 PM by abeall

getURL won't work on offline pages!?

SEPHlROTH
      Hi, I used to test my flash site from my computer first before I upload it to the server. But Now I got some problem, after I got my new computer, with Window XP Pro and Flash Player 9 installed, When I test the flash button which will launch a new page with online url from my local html page on my computer, it won't work! Nothing happen! It only work if I click it straight from the swf or upload everything to the server, making me have to upload everytime just to test the button. Can someone help me with this? I'm using Flash MX, do I have to fix something to make to make it work with Flash Player 9? or is it some new window XP security thing that won't let me call up an url from local computer?

Here is my REALLY sample script using for button......and won't work offline -_-??

on (release) {
      getURL(" http://www.google.ca/", "_blank");
      }
        • 1. Re: getUrl won't work on offline pages!?
          Level 7

SEPHlROTH wrote:
          > Hi, I used to test my flash site from my computer first before I upload it to
          > the server. But Now I got some problem, after I got my new computer, with
          > Window XP Pro and Flash Player 9 installed, When I test the flash button which
          > will launch a new page with online url from my local html page on my computer,
          > it won't work! Nothing happen! It only work if I click it straight from the swf
          > or upload everything to the server,

that is correct, player and browsers security changes.
          Testing online is now the only fool proof functionality test.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: getURL won't work on offline pages!?
            SEPHlROTH Level 1
            Great.......... so the only way is re-install flash player 7 or 8 then?
            • 3. Re: getURL won't work on offline pages!?
              abeall Level 3
              I'd sooner test online than uninstall the latest Flash Player.

Also, there's no way with Flash MX, but with Flash 8 you could set the Local playback security setting to be "Access network only" which would allow URLs to work locally. But then you couldn't access local files(loadMovie from local), but you could at least switch it back and forth depending on what you want to test.