Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp HTML v9 - Image Shadow CSS

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2012 Jan 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ,

I have one more question, all my images should have a drop shadow.

I tried the following statement but it didn't work. (The statement is correct because on my website it works )

img{

box-shadow: #020202 5px  5px 20px;

}

Have you some idea why it doesn't work in RoboHelp?

Or have you any work around?

A work around I thought was a <p> (paragraph) tag styled by the css editor of robohelp.

But a shadow in the css editor isn't a shadow, it's only a background color.

kind regards

Denis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 16, 2012 Jan 16, 2012

Hi,

What output are you creating?

Could this be a browser issue? Box-shadow is css3 and not all browsers support the (vanilla) css statement. See http://www.css3.info/preview/box-shadow/ for browser-specific tags and browser support.

For CHM/IE you will need to use an ugly solutions called a filter. See: http://ole-laursen.blogspot.com/2009/08/using-css3-box-shadow-with-ie.html There's a chance that it simply will not work in CHM.

Greet,

Willam

Message was edited by: Willam van Weelden - Fixed typo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What output are you creating?

Could this be a browser issue? Box-shadow is css3 and not all browsers support the (vanilla) css statement. See http://www.css3.info/preview/box-shadow/ for browser-specific tags and browser support.

For CHM/IE you will need to use an ugly solutions called a filter. See: http://ole-laursen.blogspot.com/2009/08/using-css3-box-shadow-with-ie.html There's a chance that it simply will not work in CHM.

Greet,

Willam

Message was edited by: Willam van Weelden - Fixed typo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.

It was a browser problem (webHelp) und chm problem.

But with this solution it works.

I didn't think about it because on my website it works with IE, too.

And there I took the same snippet.

In PDF(printed documentation) it doesn't work, but I need shadow in my pdf export, too. Have you some idea?

kind regards

denis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I guess it works in IE9 on strict mode. A CHM uses a different mode and the css is not recognized. It really is an IE shortcoming.

For your printed documentation you can modify you style mapping.dot to get the results that you want. But note that you can only get what Word allows and that is rather limited in this respect. For more information, check out Peter's site: http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/printing/printing.htm

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... but you will not find the answer to this one there.

You would need to edit the document after generating from Word and, as Willam says, edit it according to what Word allows.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it sounds like you want the drop shadow in all outputs, you could modify the images in an image editor such as Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro to embed a drop shadow in the image itself. Possibly this could also be achieved in Snagit - it has some editing capacity, but I haven't played with it enough to know its full capabilities.

I know it's a bit of a chore initially, but quick to apply when taking new images, and no faffing around in Word, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yipper, drop shadow is a pretty simple single click operation in SnagIt. Just one of the ten million or so things I dearly love about that application!

Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp