4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2012 11:32 AM by PMGFilm
      • 1. Re: HELP!!!  Can't save in After FX after installing Lion OS!!!
        Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I've never seen this problem with Lion before with CS5 or CS5.5? I don't know what version of AE you're using. I don't know if you've run the Adobe updates. Don't know if you ever rebooted after installing Lion. Don't know if you've tried saving to a different folder or with a different name. It looks to me like the folder you've chosen might be locked. I also don't know if your user account has administrator permissions.

I wish there was more that I could do to help.

• 2. Re: HELP!!!  Can't save in After FX after installing Lion OS!!!
          PMGFilm Level 1

OK, thank you for the clarification request.  I'm using CS5.5.  I ran updates to Premiere Pro 5.5.2 but didn't see an update for After FX.  The version I'm using is 10.5.0.235.  I believe that Lion forces a reboot after initial install, and then takes a bit to get everything in order after the restart.  All I remember is that I restarted at least once during the process and it was when I was asked to reboot.  Adobe was installed about 1 week before Lion.  I re-installed Adobe when this problem arose, which was precisely after the Lion install.  I have tried Save as, Save a Copy, but I will try saving to another folder.  Premiere does not have this problem, but I noticed some peculiar locking of documents in Pages last night. What do I need to do to provide administrative permissions?  Thank you for your help.

• 3. Re: HELP!!!  Can't save in After FX after installing Lion OS!!!
            PMGFilm Level 1

One other thing... I tested this on my laptop, and this is not happening on that computer, which had Lion installed before I installed CS5.5 to test this problem.  Thanks again!

• 4. Re: HELP!!!  Can't save in After FX after installing Lion OS!!!
              PMGFilm Level 1

PROBLEM FIXED.  Somehow Project files were shifted to my Macintosh HD folder vs Adobe folder in my documents.  Thank you for that very important tip.  I had no idea that folder was even locked.  Thank you!!