2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2012 4:33 AM by Mylenium

flicking colors !!

Guerandaise

Hello,
      I have a concern that takes my mind for several days I made a 3D animation in 3DSMax, I recorded in sequence TGA. So imported into After Effects for post-production, and there, horror, watching the footage, I see that the colors "flash" in places. By viewing the footage frame by frame, I found that there is a slight difference in shades of green color (image 1 of 3) that give this
      flashy aspect in my animation. Is there a way to even out the color images so that they all have the same tone and thus eliminate this rotten clignotage?
      Thank you in advance

• 1. Re: flicking colors !!
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The first thing to do is figure out if it's a problem that AE is having decoding the image sequence. Here's the questions I would ask:

Are you checking the sequence with the comp or footage window at 100% and full resolution? Do you have Open GL enabled for preview? What happens if you look at 2 of the images that have different colors in AE in Photoshop? How does the image sequence look in Premiere Pro? Are you on a Mac or a PC. On a Mac, what happens if you open the image sequence in QT? I don't remember if Windows Media will playback image sequences, but have you checked there?

If the color values match in Photoshop, or the movie looks fine in other apps then it's probably open GL in AE so turn it off. Trying to fix a display or decoing issue with a plug-in is not going to work at all.

If the color values are off between frames then it was a rendering issue from 3DS Max and Color stabilizer may help a bit but you should probably re render.

• 2. Re: flicking colors !!
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Effects --> Color Correction --> Auto and al lthat. Though, frankly, I'd rather re-render the frames in MAX. What you describe sounds like discrepancies due to different render settings e.g. when network rendering. These things are hard to battle just with some simple adjustments as the renderer's internal math operated on wrong assumptions in the first place and thus the deviations rarley are linear...

Mylenium