2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2012 11:29 AM by PMGFilm

Unable to import ProRes 422 HQ clips from Atomos Samurai.

PMGFilm

Has anybody found a work around for importing ProRes HQ clips from the Atomos Samurai recorder?  I believe the issue Premiere CS5 had with these clips was with 4 channel audio, which may be the problem here as well, but I thought this was fixed in CS5.5???  I am able to import other Pro Res HQ clips from the Ki Pro mini, but the Samurai clips work fine in Premiere and will not open in After FX via Dynamic link or straight import.  I just  get an unsupported clip message and color bars in the Composition window.  Arrrggghhh.  Any advice would be appreciated!!

AFTER-FX-PRORES-IMPORT.jpg

• 1. Re: Unable to import ProRes 422 HQ clips from Atomos Samurai.
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The first think I'd do is contact Atomos support and look at their FAQ and support pages. I did and found this. Look down at the bottom. They are saying they are working with Adobe to find a solution but haven't posted one.

Here's a possible work around. Lock the audio channels in Premiere Pro, then select only the video clip and choose replace with After Effects Composition. This willl turn off audio when the AE comp is created and may solve the problem.

If that doesn't work you can try selecting opening the clip in the media encoder and transcoding to ProRez with 2 audio channels.

Can you post a 2 second clip so we can take a look?

• 2. Re: Unable to import ProRes 422 HQ clips from Atomos Samurai.
            PMGFilm Level 1

Yes, it's an issue with 4 channel audio.  I use replace with AE Composition on nearly every clip for Color Finesse and other FX, but this doesn't work.  In fact, it is the first way I tried and failed.  This was after isolating video from audio completely.  I will search for a short clip.  Thank you!