12 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2012 4:15 AM by Aniks

Grainy Video

RonPrem

I just installed Premiere Elements 10 and wnen I view my input data files (.MOD files) they are very grainy when played in tht preview window or the timeline. They look good when stoped. The file was recorded on a JVC at Ultra Fine setting (720 - 480 pixels, 8.5Mbps VBR). The CPU is a Pentium 4 at 2.4 gh with 2GB of RAM running XP Pro. Everything has been turned off when running Adobe. Any ideals for me?

• 1. Re: Grainy Video
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

First, a couple of questions:

1. What is the Project Preset, that you chose at New Project?
          2. What is the Display Resolution/Quality (Rt-click on the Program Monitor and check)
          3. Are there red lines above the Clips? If so, hit Enter to Render and test the Rendered Timeline.

This ARTICLE, while older, might be useful for JVC footage, and especially the comments from JVC (Chris), near the end.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Grainy Video
            RonPrem Level 1
            • 3. Re: Grainy Video
              RonPrem Level 1

I found the preset setting for external device set on None so I changed it to DV 720 - 480 I and that helped a lot. Thanks for your help Ron

• 4. Re: Grainy Video
                RonPrem Level 1

I thought this was good enough to pass along to others...

Sometimes we never stop long enough to think outside the box.

I have a friend who used her solar lights inside at night when her current was off during the hurricane. She stuck them in a jar or bottle and said they gave off plenty of 'free light'. She put one in each room and would put them back outside in the daytime and bring them in at night as long as the current was off. They are safe to use and cheaper than batteries. Bring in a solar light one night and test it.

Due to a thunderstorm, we lost power for about 5 hours. We were scrambling around in the darkness, looking for matches, candles, flashlights, etc. We looked outside, and noticed our solar lights shining brightly all around our patio, stairs, dock, etc. They were beautiful. My wife walked outside, and brought several of the solar lights inside.

We stuck the solar light pipes into plastic drink bottles containers and they made the nicest, brightest, safest, lighting you could ever imagine.

We put one in the bathroom, the kitchen, the living room, etc. There was plenty of light. There are all types of solar lights available. We bought ours at Harbor Freight. We put them all around our yard. They look nice and they do not attract flying bugs like the outdoor lights around our doorway.

The lights we have fit into the small (20 oz) water bottles and they also fit into most of the larger liter bottles. If you need a weight in the plastic bottle to keep them from tipping over, you can put a few of the pretty colorful "flat marbles" that they put in aquariums, and vases. (you can also use sand, aquarium gravel, etc., whatever you have available).

The lights we have were perfect inside our home. They burn all night long if you need them.

The next day, you just take your solar lights back outside and they will instantly recharge and be ready for you to use again any time you need them.

Perfect for power outages, hurricanes, etc.

I never thought of it and now you don't have to.

• 5. Re: Grainy Video
                  RonPrem Level 1

This is long but very interesting.

Okay trendsetters, this is me, and you know that I consciously ignore "calls to action", and "alarmist" eMails.  I also have a tendency to run them through SNOPES.  This time I am an author!

You must watch this video.  We need to be aware of what is coming at us.  It is Important.  The beauty of it is that it is an effective, fact-based summary of the threat.

PLEASE take a half hour to watch this presentation.  Please give it your undivided attention.  The threat is real; it has historical support AND you can see what's coming - in today's news and events.

It is important that we can recognize the strategy and its implementation; hopefully so that we can resist / stop it before we are bitten in the butt by something we didn't see coming.  Like cancer, early detection is key to survival.

As much as I have read of the Qur'an; it's in there.  Taking stuff out of context is difficult when the book is written in descending verse size order; not chronological.  Referencing the presentation, WHERE (and when) a verse was written will anchor "stage 1,2, and 3", not where it appears in the book. 

My intent is not to distract you from raising kids or financial survival, but rather to give you an opportunity to see what's coming and be able to identify it - before it's too late.

Below is my source.

• 6. Re: Grainy Video
                    RonPrem Level 1

Even if you are not into this you might want to pass this treasure trove on to others.

Aviators

a.. Aviation Pioneers

b.. World War I Aces

c.. Hall of Fame of the Air

d.. WW2 European Theater (ETO)

e.. WW2 Pacific Theater (PTO)

f.. WW2 US Marine Corps

g.. WW2 US Navy Aces

h.. WW2 Mediterranean (MTO)

i.. WW2 German Aces

j.. Korean War Aces

k.. Russian Aces

l.. Vietnam Era Aces

a.. Airplanes

a.. World War I Planes

b.. 1930s Aircraft photos

c.. WW2 Fighters

d.. WW2 Bombers

e.. WW2 German Planes

f.. WW2 Airplane Pictures

g.. History of Airplanes blog

h.. Nose Art

i.. Postwar Jets

a.. World War Two

a.. WW2 Facts and Firsts

b.. WW2 Medals

c.. WW2 Museums

d.. WW2 Pictures

e.. WW2 Ships

WW2 Weapons

• 7. Re: Grainy Video
                      RonPrem Level 1

WOW

MOVE THE MOUSE AROUND AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

Just Don't move the mouse fast or you might get seasick .

Here is an amazing bit of technology that you would never see in person, as you would NEVER be alone in the room. It is ALWAYS VERY CROWDED and of course you can't see Michelangelo's artwork close up as you can here. This is especially spectacular if you have a large high-definition screen! Too many details to view on an iPhone.

TO VIEW EVERY PART OF THE MICHELANGELO'S MASTERPIECE, JUST CLICK AND DRAG YOUR ARROW IN THE DIRECTION YOU WISH TO SEE.

MOVE THE ARROW AND YOU WILL SEE EVERY PART OF THE CHAPEL.

In the lower left, click on the plus to move closer, on the minus to move away.

Choir is thrown in free.

This virtual tour of the Sistine Chapel is incredible. Apparently done by Villanova at the request of the Vatican .

Click here: Sistine Chapel

• 8. Re: Grainy Video
                        RonPrem Level 1

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL VIDEO      WELL WORTH A WATCH. 

Dolphin & Cat

• 9. Re: Grainy Video
                          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Ron, can you confirm that you actually posted the last couple of posts?

They look suspiciously like your account got hacked.

• 10. Re: Grainy Video
                            RonPrem Level 1

Sorry the address was accidentally left in my most used file and you got a copy of most of my emails. It has been removed and thank you very much. Ron

• 11. Re: Grainy Video
                              the_wine_snob Level 9

Ron,

Thanks for that clarification. I was getting really lost, and beginning to worry there.

Happy editing,

Hunt

• 12. Re: Grainy Video
                                Aniks Level 2

Also, you can change the playback quality from Automatic to Highest by right clicking on monitor, if you want to have even better playback. Although it is advisable, if you have a good high-end machine. It would need CPU consumption.