1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 16, 2012 4:22 PM by try67

Strange problem with opening PDF's

Doberman76

Hello,

We have roughly 80 users at one location that use a terminal server session to access our medical software.  A certain group of four users that share a network printer have issues within the medical software when they try to open a scanned in document in pdf form.  What happens is that the pdf briefly appears, and then closes.  Any re-attempt to open a pdf results in an error.  The only way I have found to band-Aid the issue is deleted the users profile daily, forcing a new one to be created.  I run a script daily that cleans out all the user profiles temp files, but the issue still occurs.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

We have Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Pro installed on our terminal servers (this is the only version that is compatible with our medical software.)

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Strange problem with opening PDF's
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

First of all, this forum is about Adobe Reader, not Adobe Acrobat...

If I had to guess, I would say that your OS (which you didn't specify) is probably not compatible with your antiquated Acrobat version, which is why you're getting these errors.

Also, I'm not sure the way you're using Acrobat is conforming with the EULA, which stipulates it can't be used as a server application.