4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2012 9:23 PM by koahmad98

Trying to make zooming effect. Please help!

koahmad98 Level 1

Hello,

I am new to after effects and I am trying to create a product video for myself. I am trying to make a zooming out effect but I cant figure out how to make it well.

This is basically what I want: sec:12 to 22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7AejJ-qrnY&fmt=22

I want the same thing but with images, is there any tutorials out there or can you guys tell me how to do it.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Trying to make zooming effect. Please help!
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm assuming that you want to do something like the push into all of the stills. There's no real trick, there is just a bunch of work. You have to distribute your layers in 3D space and animate the camera. I'd suggest you start with simple moves with just 3 or 4 layers. Get that right, then start adding layers until you've achieved the complexity you desire.

If I had the artwork and were to try and match the camera move that happens around 7 seconds I'd budget about a half hour. The move from 15 seconds to about 18 seconds is mostly a single setup repeated 3 times. Something that complex would take me about an hour and a half but it could easily take all day, depending on the images needed and whether or not I had to do a bunch of resizing to complete the project.

The other option would be to use the Card Dance plug-in. Card Dance is a complex plug-in that requires some training to use. To learn more type card dance into the search field in AE and look at the training materials. The move on the red layer with all the squares at about 1:47 could be created quite quickly with Card Dance. 

• 2. Re: Trying to make zooming effect. Please help!
            koahmad98 Level 1

How about if you want to make the images move such as in the video

Thank You, I apreciate it very much.

• 3. Re: Trying to make zooming effect. Please help!
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The layers can be stills or video. It makes no difference. You just have to do some planning, and it takes some time to arrange and size the layers. If you've got hundreds of layers of video in the shot you'll want to pre-render some or most of them at smaller sizes so that After Effects can handle the memory requirements. It's all part of project planning.

• 4. Re: Trying to make zooming effect. Please help!
                koahmad98 Level 1

Thank you this has helped me a lot . Thanks