2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2012 4:52 AM by Scoundral

Dreamweaver CS5 saves as Firefox

Scoundral Level 1

For some unknown reason my DWCS5 docs changed to Firefox.html documents. I can open them in DWCS5 but they will not save as DW type documents. The properties show them as "html" documents but the icon representing them is Firefox. I tried to change them but DWCS5 is not one of the choices provided and when I try to add them they will not display themselves.

This is a copy of the url that opens when the icon is clicked on.....

file:///C:/Users/Cliff/Desktop/indexTest.html

If this piece of info is of any help this happened just after I uninstalled Dreamweaver MX.

Is it a DW problem?  Is this a regedit problem? Any assistance will of course be appreciated.  Thanks....Scoundral

• 1. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 saves as Firefox
          John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is an operating system issue. Which OS are you using?

The icon is merely the operating systems way of understanding which default program to open when it sees a file of a given type.

In your case, since MX was uninstalled it seems that the OS has defaulted to Firefox as its default program for HTML files.

You just need to go into your file associations in your OS and set the default program for HTML files to DW CS5.5.

• 2. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 saves as Firefox
            Scoundral Level 1

Thanks for getting back to me. I am using win 7.

I attempted to change the file associations but DWCS5 was not one of the choices offered and when I went into "browse" to access DWCS5 it would not attach itself. That was why I wasked if it was a regedit problem.

-S-