7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2012 9:33 AM by Omar Saleh

Hidden Pages for Print

Omar Saleh

Hello

i use InDesign CS4 to create PDFs, some time there are some interactive elements as Video.

is there any way to let the user to print the PDF and when it comes to that page that has the Video, it will print different content to replace the Video.

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Hidden Pages for Print
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Make a substitute page for the print version and swap it in Acrobat Pro, but is the interactive PDF really good enough in terms of image quality for print?

• 2. Re: Hidden Pages for Print
            Omar Saleh Level 1

Thanks for your help, do you mean if i have 4 pages, and the last one has video on it. i have to create fifth page and when print the user choose 1,2,3,5?

yes, it is. since the final out put is high quaility and delivered on CDs not online.

• 3. Re: Hidden Pages for Print
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

That would be one way. The other would be to make a separate file for that page, export to PDF and use the Replace Pages command in Acrobat.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Hidden Pages for Print
                Grant H Level 4

in ID open the media panel and you can choose a poster and set other settings....

G

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Hidden Pages for Print
                  Omar Saleh Level 1

Thanks again, but what i am looking for is something different

your way is to replace new page with old page, am I right?

i am looking to let the user get new look for the page when print

• 6. Re: Hidden Pages for Print
                    Omar Saleh Level 1

Thanks Brant H, i added imae, on the left when the user view in PDF, on the right, when user print that page.

pdf.jpg

• 7. Re: Hidden Pages for Print
                      Omar Saleh Level 1

seems this feature unavailable, this is when searched the doc in ID:

Choose which layers are printed or exported to PDF

To review or change the Show Layer and Print Layer settings for your document, select a layer in the Layers panel, and then choose Layer Options from the panel menu. Specify layer options, and click OK.

Do one of the following:

Choose File

> Print, and click General on the left side of the Print dialog box.

Choose File

> Export, specify Adobe PDF, and then click Save. On the left side of the Export Adobe PDF dialog box, select General.

From the Print Layers or Export Layers menu, choose which layers you want to print or include in the PDF:

All Layers

Prints or outputs all layers in your document, even if they are hidden or set as nonprinting.

Visible Layers

Prints or outputs all visible layers, even if they are set as nonprinting in Layer Options.

Visible & Printable Layers

Prints or outputs only those layers that are set as both visible and printable.

thanks guys