• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trends on who owns online help

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2012 Jan 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any trends on which department owns the RoboHelp online help for system instructions for internal customers?  Is it usually IT? Organization Development? Communications?  Any thoughts on which department is the best one to create and maintain it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2012 Jan 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

(Insert company name here) always decides that the (insert department name here) should own the help. And that's subject to change based on factors such as: (insert whim here).

Whims include (but are in no way limited to):

* CEO heard from the CFO (who heard from his nephew's friend) that department X should own the help.

* CIO woke up with a headache and got one too many complaints about the help.

* The help and training should be combined, so the Training department should own the help.

* The call center folks field all the questions so they know what needs working on. All call center agents will own the help and work on it in their spare time between calls.

The whole point here being that in my own opinon, each company is different and is often managed in entirely different ways.

So what is the reason behind your query?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2012 Jan 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great answer ! That's pretty much what I thought, but wanted to check anyway in case somebody, somewhere, had surveyed/researched and come up with a supportable best practice. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 27, 2012 Jan 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This may or may not be helpful, but I have found that the department that is most in tune with the online help process is Training. I worked for a company that kept shifting me around to different areas because they couldn't decide where it belonged, but Training was the only natural fit. I always seemed to end up back there. Which was good, because I had the instructors nearby when I had questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp