14 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2012 2:58 AM by AlbertusMus

Build Issues - cannot copy phonegap files

tjvigil66

All was working fine last week.  I haven't personally modified any files or locations.  I contacted Adobe support, but they said it was a plugin issue so no help from them.  I also noticed that Adobe hasn't answered to this same problem posted before in the forums.  What's up with that?

Cloning seed app for Android

<DW>

set ANT_HOME=C:\PROGRA~1\Adobe\ADOBED~2.5\CONFIG~1\NATIVE~1\APACHE~1

set ANDROID_HOME=C:\Android\android-sdk

set JAVA_HOME=C:\PROGRA~1\Adobe\ADOBED~2.5\JDK

set PATH=%JAVA_HOME%\bin;%PATH%

cd C:\DOCUME~1\TONYVI~1\Desktop\COMCOM~1.UPA

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /u /c C:\PROGRA~1\Adobe\ADOBED~2.5\CONFIG~1\NATIVE~1\DWPHON~1\android\scripts\droidGap.bat "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5\Configuration\NativeAppFramework\DWPhoneGap\android\PhoneGapApp" "UPA Mobile" com.company.upa_mobile 0.1 "C:\Android\android-sdk" undefined

</DW>

CaERROR: Cannot copy phonegap files. Terminating.java.io.FileNotFoundException: com.company.upa_mobile\src\com\company\upa_mobile\DefaultActivity.java (The system cannot find the path specified)

ERROR: Clone failed

I'm running Dreamweaver 11.5 Build 5344 in Windows XP.

• 1. Re: Build Issues - cannot copy phonegap files
          shopnebr

I am getting the same error messages, and have tried for 2 weeks to find an answer.... Any progress on this????

• 2. Re: Build Issues - cannot copy phonegap files
            shopnebr Level 1

There is an issue with Dreamweaver and the newer versions of PhoneGap.. The work around can be found here http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/924/cpsid_92492.html.

• 3. Re: Build Issues - cannot copy phonegap files
              theDon911

Same here.

any answer from Adobe yet?

I will try the work around but mine doesnt even complete the build process.

( I do not get  the "build successfull" message any more)

Cloning seed app for Android
              <DW>
              set PATH=%JAVA_HOME%\bin;%PATH%
              cd C:\Websites\PHONEA~1\DEPLOY~1\ZipCode\COM4TH~1.ZIP
              C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cmd.exe /u /c C:\PROGRA~2\Adobe\ADOBED~2.5\CONFIG~1\NATIVE~1\DWPHON~1\android\scripts\droidGap.bat "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5\Configuration\NativeAppFramework\DWPhoneGap\android\PhoneGapApp" "ZipCode Lookup" com.4thedon.zipcode 1.0 "C:\Android\android-sdk" undefined

C\ERROR: Cannot copy phonegap files. Terminating.java.io.FileNotFoundException: com.4thedon.zipcode\src\com\4thedon\zipcode\DefaultActivity.java (The system cannot find the path specified)

ERROR: Clone failed

• 4. Re: Build Issues - cannot copy phonegap files
                shopnebr Level 1

I talked to Adobe, and they said there WAS an issue with Dreamweaver

and the newer versions of PhoneGap.  The work around worked for

me.....  You will need to do it on every app you are developing.

• 5. Re: Build Issues - cannot copy phonegap files
                  tjvigil66 Level 1

How the heck did you get that much info from Adobe?  All they were willing to tell me is that it was a plugin issue and as such could not provide Dreamweaver support.

I'll try the hack and see how it goes.

<EDIT...>

That hack doesn't work for this problem.  It assumes that you were able to build the app, but not emulate it.  The process stops because files can't be copied from particular directories to do the build in the first place.

So... back to the drawing board.  At least I can build the app at Phonegap Build for now.  I still like Dreamweaver for development, but this issue is frustrating.

• 6. Re: Build Issues - cannot copy phonegap files
                    theDon911 Level 1

re: hack assumes a successful build

yes, that was my thought as well, that this hack only works to bring the app into the emulator not provide a completed build.

I have narrowed the problem down to what I believe focuses on the DroidGap method which appears to have been removed or actually 'split' into subparts. DW is running .bat files that reference the DroidGap.bat file that no longer exists in this build.

(Eclipse suffers from this same [fatal] flaw as well since the current release of PhoneGap)

can you please point me to the Phonegap Build process?

Thanks.

• 7. Re: Build Issues - cannot copy phonegap files
                      theDon911 Level 1

theDon911 wrote:

re: please point me to Phoneap Build

Found it.

Thanks!

• 8. Re: Build Issues - cannot copy phonegap files
                        shopnebr Level 1

I searched high and low on the internet for weeks trying to find a

solution, I finally decided I would pay Adobe for an answer... So I

called their paid support line.  I was told that it would cost $40,

but I had spent so much time that $40 seemed OK.  After talking to

someone that didn't know much, but was able to replicate the error,

he directed me to Level 2 support.  He never ask for a credit card or

any payment.

When I called the level 2 support, it said that it would cost

$240....  That was quite steep, but since I had wasted much more than

that on non productivity, I proceeded.

I got ahold of someone (they must of been in India), a little bit

hard to understand.  She wanted to link to my desktop to watch what

was happening.  After she looked at a couple of things, she

immediately when to this solution, and it worked..  She also did not

ask for payment.

I don't know how they can say it is someone elses problem, as they

own phonegap, and jquery in part of dreamweaver, and all I was doing

is creating a new jquery / phonegap application from their included templates.

I am just glad after days of struggling, we have a solution.

• 10. Re: Build Issues - cannot copy phonegap files
                          theDon911 Level 1

did she actually find a solution, or just now using the Build.Phonegap.com site?

(which works awesome btw - thx tjvigil66 !)

• 11. Re: Build Issues - cannot copy phonegap files
                            tjvigil66 Level 1

build.phonegap.com is pretty slick.  I do like that ALL of the apps get built at once (iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows).

The downside is the time required to build the app.  It seems to depend on how busy their traffic is.  Building on my own machine inside DW would be more efficient for testing purposes.

• 12. Re: Build Issues - cannot copy phonegap files
                              AlbertusMus

I've just started experiencing exactly the same problem -  the Android files, including PhoneGap, are copied and no build - just the 'Cannot copy phonegap files' message in the log. Things have worked in the past.

Was there a resolution that worked within DreamWeaver (as promised in their sales talk)? The fact that the Android and PhoneGap utilities are plug-ins should be irrelevant - Adobe's selling point was the integration.

• 13. Re: Build Issues - cannot copy phonegap files
                                theDon911 Level 1

Albert,

there is NO FIX and I do not see one coming.

Adobe now offers a plugin (update) that essentially connects directly to build.phonegap.com and automates everything for you there (within DW)

as for the marketing - yeah right, thats why I bought into it.

• 14. Re: Build Issues - cannot copy phonegap files
                                  AlbertusMus Level 1

There's a surprise: update today of 'Mobile development' for 5.5. It seems the phonegap files have been replaced with the cordova updates, although there has been no further information from Adobe as to what precisely has been changed.

But that which didn't build now does, so I'm grateful for small mercies.