2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2012 1:31 AM by Eugene Tyson

Page numbering quesiton

inquestflash Level 1

hello forumers.

im having trouble getting my page numbering as id like.

here in this simple sample i have 5 pages.and im trying to get page 2 to be where the numbering begins.

so that means page 2 will say 1.so im going to the> numbering and sections options.

i click on the start page number,and type in 2. and click ok.

but nothing happens.

but what im trying ot achive is,since im making a small 5paper document.and i have 5 pages,

the front cover which is page 1 should not have a number page.

u2a.jpg

• 1. Re: Page numbering quesiton
          W. Bravenboer Level 1

Perhaps you can use the Section numbering? So start a new section on what needs to be page 1 and so on?

• 2. Re: Page numbering quesiton
            Eugene Tyson Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Right Click on the real First Page - go Numbering and Section options - set the Style to something like roman numerals - say ok

Right Click on Page 2 and go to Numbering and Section Options - set it to start at page 1.

Just to note: this is highly unusual - as normally the odd numbered pages are on the right side. So you'll see the pages Jump so that 1 is now on the right page.

If you want 1 on the Left side, go to Pages Panel and into the side menu of the panel - untick Allow Document Pages to Shuffle, then Manually drag Page 1 to the left of the line.