3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2012 2:47 AM by gembahcher

Trouble opening project from Adobe Premiere Production Studio 2.0 in CS 5.5

gembahcher

Have almost finished editing a project in Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 when computer died - have upgraded computer and software to cs 5.5 and told over phone by Adobe that will be able to open current file saved in 2.0 in CS 5.5. no problems....

BUT...it's not working! Comes up with an error message saying it needs to be converted first and opens but there is nothing in the timeline and is asking to locate all the individual files, only to tell me they can't be used....!

Anybody have any advice on this...?

Sorry for the long winded question!!

Thanks

G

• 1. Re: Trouble opening project from Adobe Premiere Production Studio 2.0 in CS 5.5
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

While Opening, or Importing older Projects into newer versions of PrPro is usually possible, there can be issues.

• First, when you have Opened the PrPro 2.0 Project, and allowed it to be converted, you will be prompted to Save that as a new Project Name. That is what you want to do.
          • Next, when that converted Project Opens, twirl open the Bins, to find the Sequence, and Dbl-click that, to get it to display.
          • As for the location of the files, since you are now on a new computer, it is very likely that the Path to the Assets has changed, and probably due to the drive letter - those Paths are absolute, so much be exact in all cases. When asked "Where is file ____ ?" use the Finder to locate that, in its new location, and select it. PrPro will then look in that folder for all other necessary Assets, and will automatically link to them, as well. If the Assets are in separate folders/sub-folder, you will have to repeat that first step for each folder/sub-folder. Then, so long as the Paths to the Assets, or the Assets themselves, are not changed, all should be fine. At this point, I would do a Save_As, incrementing the Project's Name.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Trouble opening project from Adobe Premiere Production Studio 2.0 in CS 5.5
            Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Import project from 2.0 into CS5.5 instead of opening.

• 3. Re: Trouble opening project from Adobe Premiere Production Studio 2.0 in CS 5.5
              gembahcher Level 1

Hi guys,

Thanks for your responses. I've managed to overcome my original problems but of course another has popped up...!

Now when I try to render the work area it will only go so far and gets stuck...

After a lot of messing around, I clicked Render Audio and that worked, but the only option left is to Render Effects and it immediately comes up with the error: Video Preview Error: Error compiling movie.  Unknow error.

Any ideas on this?

I wonder if it is related to the error we get upon opening the file that says:

\\?\L:\New Folder\adobe transfer\Copied_MJL Vid Final\MJL Vid Final_1.prproj

Audio Filter missing:  1024132096 Average Injector

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

G