• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot download library books using Overdrive as I am being blocked by Adobe.

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2012 Jan 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to download library books I am blocked because, when trying to authorise my tablet, adobe returns the following message.

"error activating device with adobe E_Adept_request_expired (error code 2004)"

Tried contacting adobe by phone and by chat and just get passed on - no help at all. Have contacted Overdrive who insist that adobe is at fault.

Initially when I first got my tablet(arnova 10G2) last November all worked well with library downloads etc until a few days ago. I had to reset my tablet with a factory upgrade and I now have this problem. I have reinstalledall necessary files (ADE comes preloaded)have checked and rechecked all settings to no avail. Adobe  just refuses to co-operate. I there anyone out there please who can assist.

Thanks

94ronjo.

PS I've even had problems trying to log in to this site despite having been a customer of adobe for more than 15 years

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2012 Feb 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem with my Kobo Vox.  What do you mean by deactivating your reader.  Can you tell me how to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like information on my Nook. I have tried, but it says I have to authorize it, and it wont let me~~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all. If you are having problems activating, invariably the answer is that you have reached the maximum actvations allowed by Adobe. To rectify this contact Adobe support and request that your device activation be put back to zero. They will do this instantly if you are using the chat option. As for deactivating a device - you will only need to do this if you no longer wish to use the device with Adobe authorisations. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I connect my Nook, and it wants me to authrize, I do, then it comes up with this: E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY. I have no idea what to do now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines