10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2012 5:24 PM by Warunicorn

Camera Fill not working as expected in Android OS 4.0

Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

Hi all,

Recently upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) on my Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi model. Loving it so far. I seem to have a new problem with trying to create a Camera Fill effect of any sort. The steps to repro:

• Create any type of layer
      • Tap the "&" > Tap "Camera Fill"
      • Try to take a picture; PS Touch then ends up in a processing loop (with the four squares animating clockwise)

If I try to use the Android "return" button, I can return to the Android home screen and then re-enter PS Touch, which then proceeds to ask me if I want to save my snapshot (which is essentially blank). I tap any option and everything proceeds as normal (minus PS Touch not taking the picture).

I suspect this has to do with Ice Cream Sandwich and the new drivers for the Xoom's camera. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling PS Touch which didn't solve the problem.

Other than that, I haven't found anything else wrong while using PS Touch under Ice Cream Sandwich. I'm noticing a wee bit performance increase too.

Just thought I'd let you know and see if anyone else can repro.

• 1. Re: Can't create Camera Fill...
          Ed_Engberg Level 1

I can replicate the same problem.

• 2. Re: Can't create Camera Fill...

Cool; at least I know I'm not going insane.

One more thing I noticed too: I no longer have the fonts I used to have before under the "Add Text" command (like Trajan Pro). I used to have this problem before under Honeycomb but an uninstall/reinstall fixed it.

ON EDIT: Another thing I found: If I make a selection and then use the "Add Camera Fill" command, it does the same thing I noted before except it does keep whatever was taken with the camera.

• 3. Re: Can't create Camera Fill...
              ibarrien Adobe Employee

Hi,

What do you mean exactly by "except it does keep whatever was taken with the camera"?

Does this mean that you can use the image if you do "Select all" and then take the picture?

Thanks,

Ignacio

• 4. Re: Can't create Camera Fill...
                greule Adobe Employee

Hi. Do you have the same problem when you open up the Android Camera app and switch to video mode?

• 5. Re: Can't create Camera Fill...
                  ibarrien Adobe Employee

Btw

Do you have issues with other camera software or only with Photoshop Touch?

• 6. Re: Can't create Camera Fill...
                    Ed_Engberg Level 1

I assume you mean photo editing apps, I do not have any camera apps other than the OEM. Tried other photo edit apps I have, including Photoshop Express, and they seem to work as they did before ICS.

Other than camera fill, PST seems to do the other stuff the same on ICS as on Honeycomb.

• 7. Re: Can't create Camera Fill...

ibarrien wrote:

Hi,

What do you mean exactly by "except it does keep whatever was taken with the camera"?

Does this mean that you can use the image if you do "Select all" and then take the picture?

Thanks,

Ignacio

Actually, yes, that works. And, yes, it's just with PS Touch so far.

gruele wrote:

Hi. Do you have the same problem when you open up the Android Camera app and switch to video mode?

I can import pictures using the Android Camera app within PS Touch when I start or during a project if that's what you meant. If you meant the Camera app by itself, I can switch just fine between modes.

More things (might as well retitle the thread, "Odd issues with ICS and PS Touch"):

• When I make a selection, the edges of the selection are pretty rough (almost artistic-looking, as if I had put a "torn-edge" look to it). The issue is not reproducable and disappears after I tap "Feather" under the selection options icon and set the feather to zero. After that, selections function as they should.
                      • Fonts under the "Add Text" command like Trajan Pro have gone AWOL. This happened to me once with PS Touch under Honeycomb but that was resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling PS Touch. Below is a screenshot of the now-limited list of fonts (I keep forgetting ICS can do screen grabs now):

Screenshot_2012-01-19-14-48-44.png

• 8. Re: Can't create Camera Fill...
                        David__B Adobe Employee

Thanks Warunicorn,

Cool camera fill image by the way.

We are investigating this issue right now. We'll follow up with more info when available. Thanks for reporting the behavior.

-Dave

• 9. Re: Can't create Camera Fill...
                          Ed_Engberg Level 1

Actually the image that Warunicorn included is a screen grab. We can do this quite easily (as opposed to the ifruit) on the Xoom with ICS.

• 10. Re: Can't create Camera Fill...

Version 1.1.1 fixed all my problems. Fonts are back, selections as well as the Camera Fill now work fine. Yay!