3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2012 5:56 PM by 1bys

About HD Blue Ray

1bys

I would like to acquire premiere elements 10 but I have some doubts on the available presettings about of the types of scaling (progressive or interlaced) and degrees of definition for hd files and bd productions. Somebody could clarify these questions?

• 1. Re: About HD Blue Ray
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

There are not many options, regarding BD (Blu-ray Discs), so what exactly are you looking for?

One limitation of PrE is that one cannot directly write a BD Project to Folder (like they can, with DVD), but many use utilities, such as Phantom Drive, to fool PrE into thinking that it is writing to a BD, when it is actually writing to a folder. There are several other, similar utilities.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: About HD Blue Ray
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

1 - download and test the 30 day free trial

2 - read for yourself

User Guide PDF http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/index.html

Right click the PDF link in the upper right corner and select to save to your hard drive

• 3. Re: About HD Blue Ray
              1bys Level 1

Thanks Hunt and Smith for the information. Both the answers are coherent with the question and the user manual, isn`t very detailed.

I tried to install the "test version" but, unfortunately, at the end of the process, the option "tried" was disactivated. Basically what I want to  know is what the maximum definition (Mbps) is possible, at 1920x1080 resolution with  24, 30 or more fps and  if the scan of the PrE-10 BD stream video may be progressive.

Grateful for the help.

Fernando