ok i did all the steps that link told me to do. till the part it told me to type reg import in the prompt window. when i typed that in i got this- ERROR: error opening the file. there may be a disk or file system error?????
Once you have saved the .REG file on your system, simply double click the same to import the registry entries.
Does this work?
What happens if you double click on the reg file?
i type REG IMPORT C:\Exe.reg and hit enter just like the instructions said.
and then i get that error message in the prompt window in the above picture.
if i delete the adobe reader 10.1.2 then my computer goes back to normal?
i think there is something wrong with the program but not sure.
Sorry if I was unclear before. What I meant was for you to double click on the file located in C:\ i.e. Exe.reg file which you had created earlier.
where do i find c:\i.e.Exe.reg? you mean on the notepad thingy?
i don't understand this computer crap very well??
notepad yes i click on it and it opens up i think.
Sorry for the confusion. Please try the following steps:
1. Launch Notepad and type in following:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
2. Click on File > Save As
3. In the new dialog that appears:
- Select All Files in the Save as type list, and then type C:\Exe.reg in the File name box.
- Select Unicode in the Encoding list. Save it and remember the file location.
4. Open My Computer and double click on the C: icon
5. You will see a file by the name of "Exe.reg". Double click on the same and click Yes on any dialog that appears.
6. Once completed, restart the computer and your problem should be resolved.
ok i wiped out my hard drive then reinstalled windows 7 and all the programs.
adobe reader is now working properly. some how i picked up a virus on my computer and was not working right. anywas thanks for your help.