1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 19, 2012 7:31 AM by Steve Grisetti

Strange phenomenon with Track Matte mask

lothian.mcadam

I want to mask extraneous detail from a clip. I created a mask in Photoshop, imported the .psd file into PE10, set the mask into the timeline, then config'd the Track Matte key to create the effect. Masking works as desired when I test it without moving stuff where it needs to be. However, after I scale (down) and reposition both the clip and the mask to their intended position, Track Matte behaves strangely. Specifically, it renders the mask effect as a small square. This phenomenon is consistant and repeatable. I'm frustrated. Take a look at the sequence of images below.

The image below shows the result after I drop in the clip and mask, then apply the track matte key. PE10 renders the image as expected.

track-matte-and-mask-render-as-expected.jpg

Now... I scale and reposition the clip and mask to their intended position, as shown below.

psd-mask-resized-and-repositioned.jpg

I then apply track matte to the clip. The image below is what I get every time.

track-matte-key-applied-and-result.jpg

Grrrrr! Anyone have ideas what might be the problem? ..or more usefully, anyone have instructions on how to get PE10 to render the image correctly for my application?