31 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2012 12:51 PM by HeyMikey

In-Design CS5.5 - Drop Shadow Applied to Text Prints Unexpectedly

ScarlettsMommy

Hi,

I am at a total loss after spending a considerable amount of time on the phone with Adobe tech support this morning.

Until I upgraded to CS5.5. I remember having this problem very early on with CS, but haven't had to revisit it since.

I am a layout artist and pre-press person. I have had tons of files print as expected but since the upgrade to 5.5 I noticed we are re-visiting the "Box behind the drop shadow".Screen shot 2012-01-19 at 9.15.56 AM 2.png

No matter how I save this, high, low res - transparancy - PDF, .eps -  I am getting the same problem - a darker box framing the drop shadow effect. It is consistant when I use the drop shadow effect with other indesign files as well.

I have tried every suggestion scouring the forums and have spent a whole day on this problem coming up with nothing more than what I have... a job I can't produce because the client is expecting it to be exactly as she proofed it.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated - I probably left out a ton of info, so if you need anything else, please let me know!

Thanks in advance,

Judi