4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2012 11:57 AM by the_wine_snob

Render Cutting Off Last Ten Seconds

codywinton92

We have tried rendering out our documentary film and different special features and, almost, without fail Premiere Pro cuts of the last 5 or 10 seconds of the film. Can someone help?

• 1. Re: Render Cutting Off Last Ten Seconds
          SAFEHARBOR11 Most Valuable Participant

First, make sure to add some black video to the end of the sequence. Make sure you are exporting "Entire Sequence" and not "Work Area" only.

Next, what format are you editing with and exporting to - specifics please of the workflow.

Mac or PC? Premiere version?

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Render Cutting Off Last Ten Seconds
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Just a shot in the dark, but when there is truncation in the Exported file, it often comes from having the WAB (Work Area Bar) set short of the Timeline's Duration, or having an Out Point accidentally set in the Timeline itself. Let's rule those out early.

For the WAB, it's probably easiest to just hit the \ (Backslash) key, to zoom out the Timeline to its full extent, and then Dbl-click on the little "box" in the middle of the WAB, to make sure that it extends to 100% of the Timeline.

For the Timeline Out Point, look at the Time Ruler in the Timeline, and check that you do not have a change in color, right at the end. The color/density should be uniform for the entire Time Ruler.

Once those can be ruled out, maybe others will have some other ideas.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Render Cutting Off Last Ten Seconds
              codywinton92 Level 1

I'm on a Mac running Lion. I'm using CS 5.5. I do think that the work area could be an issue. I'm working with .mov files from a Canon 5D and 7D and rendering to 1080p .mov and 480p .m2v (for DVD). We are going to try another render, checking for an Out Point and the WAB. I will post again if it fails. Otherwise, I assume that this is the issue. Thanks for the quick responce, SAFEHARBOR11 and Bill Hunt!

• 4. Re: Render Cutting Off Last Ten Seconds
                the_wine_snob Level 9

I hope that it is as simple as the WAB, or accidentally setting a Timeline Out Point.

Please report how things go and good luck,

Hunt