6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2012 11:21 AM by jetrased

TitleWindow PopUp Tab/Focus problem

jetrased

Hi

I am wondering if anyone can help me. There is a titleWindow popup created. A login form is loaded into it. With 2 text input fields: Username and Password and one Button, OK.

The problem I am having is that I cannot get tabbing to work inside the new titleWindow. When I click on the user input field and then press tab, the cursor disappears. I have searched the net and there are numerous instances of this happening, but no actual solution that I can see.

The Login Component is of type VBox.

The weird thing is, if I enter the wrong details or no details and click ok. Then The tabbing wors the second time around. It is just when it is initially loaded. I have no idea why this could be?

Can anyone help as it is driving nuts.

Thanks

• 1. Re: TitleWindow PopUp Tab/Focus problem
          Flex harUI Adobe Employee

So there is a SWFLoader in the TitleWindow?  Maybe show the MXML for the TitleWindow?

• 2. Re: TitleWindow PopUp Tab/Focus problem
            jetrased Level 1

Here is the MXML for the title windoew to be popped up

private function popupLogOnDlg(evt:Event=null):void

{

stwLogOn = new StwLogOn();

stwLogOn.addEventListener("clickOK", handleCloseLogOnDlg);

titleWindow= TitleWindow.show(stwLogOn, "Log On", 0, true, null, handleCloseLogOnDlg);

titleWindow.isResizable=false;

}

And here is the MXML for the Login Component

<mx:VBox xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"

width="280" height="115" defaultButton = "{okBtn}">

<mx:Script>

<![CDATA[

private function handleClickOK():void

{

dispatchEvent(new Event("clickOK"))

}

]]>

</mx:Script>

<mx:Form width="100%">

<mx:FormItem width="100%" label="User name:" horizontalAlign="right">

<mx:TextInput width="100%" restrict="A-Za-z0-9_." id="nameTextInput"/>

</mx:FormItem>

<mx:FormItem width="100%" label="Password:" horizontalAlign="right">

<mx:TextInput width="100%" id="keywordTextInput" displayAsPassword="true"/>

</mx:FormItem>

</mx:Form>

<mx:HBox horizontalAlign="right" width="100%">

<mx:Button label="Log On" id="okBtn" click="handleClickOK()"/>

<mx:Spacer width="10"/>

</mx:HBox>

</mx:VBox>

• 3. Re: TitleWindow PopUp Tab/Focus problem
              Flex harUI Adobe Employee

The Flex SDK TitleWindow doesn’t have a show method.  Maybe your TitleWindow is not the one from the Flex SDK and doesn’t implement IFocusManagerContainer.

• 5. Re: TitleWindow PopUp Tab/Focus problem
                StephaniesHusband Level 1

How did you resolve this?  I have the exact same issue and cannot find ANY way to fix it.  I've tried everything I know to do and everything from the Adobe site cited.

• 6. Re: TitleWindow PopUp Tab/Focus problem
                  jetrased Level 1

Hi

I added applicationComplete method and tin here is where I called my login to pop up. Worked for me.

protected function applicationComplete():void

{

addEventListener(FlexEvent.SHOW,popupLogOnDlg);

}

The here is the method I call.

private function popupLogOnDlg(evt:Event=null):void

{

stwLogOn = new StwLogOn();

stwLogOn = StwLogOn(PopUpManager.createPopUp(this, StwLogOn, true));

stwLogOn.addEventListener("clickOK", handleCloseLogOnDlg);

PopUpManager.centerPopUp(stwLogOn);

}