4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2012 9:22 PM by VDOSurfer

PRE 10 will not create a new project

AlanSaw911

I have a brand new install of PRE10 and cannot create a new project. The main screen starts and I select New Project, but then the application shuts down. I have tried this on two seperate computers but the same thing happens on both machines. Any help would be great.

• 1. Re: PRE 10 will not create a new project
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

As the note says at the top of this forum, we need clues in order to solve these mysteries.

What is your operating system? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit? Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit version of the program?

How fast is your processor? How much RAM do you have and how much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your C or main drive?

Are you editing on your C drive or to a second or external drive?

Is the program crashing while you're editing or before you can even start a project?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from, and which project settings did you select when you started your Premiere Elements project?

• 2. Re: PRE 10 will not create a new project
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

At the very top of this forum, there is a "sticky" on How To Ask a Question. It cycles between another sticky. Take a look at it, and if it is not at the top of the forum's main page, just wait a bit. It goes into detail on the information, that would be so useful to remotely helping a user.

In the meantime, take a look at this ARTICLE, for ways to get PrE working.If nothing there helps, after the initial checklist, it goes into a series of links on tuning up one's computer, and OS, and then troubleshooting.

Good luck, and please let us know more,

Hunt

• 3. Re: PRE 10 will not create a new project
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Wow, that Steve is FAST!!!!

I agree with him 100%.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - that is what I get for going after that article link - he beat me...

• 4. Re: PRE 10 will not create a new project
                VDOSurfer Level 3

Some thoughts..

1. Display Driver

Update the display driver. Two versions ago, this was a very common problem and the display drivers were usually the culprit.

2. Corrupt Preferences

For this, delete the preferences from where they are created. (Go to Start->Run and paste this link there "%appdata%\Adobe\Premiere Elements\10.0\" and delete the *.prefs file)

3. Plugins

Delete the plugin cache from the registry. Go to Start->Run and type regedit and browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Premiere Elements\10.0 and delete the plugin cache folders. They will be recreated once launched successfully.

4. Reinstall the software, ensure you have Quicktime installed.