Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export text from InDesign into a text file with paragraph styles

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2012 Jan 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

is there any way to export text from InDesign into a text file with paragraph styles included?

I don't only want to include the formatting of the text I need to have still all paragraph styles applied to the text after the export.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2012 Jan 20, 2012

With your text tool in the text frame ready to type. Choose File>Export>RTF (Rich Text Format)

For all text to export all text frames must be threaded. If they are not you will have to do them individually.

If you just want a select few paragraphs then highlight them and then choose Export>RTF

That can be opened in Word with all styles in tact.

It's unclear with your workflow is here, can you elaborate on what you're trying to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With your text tool in the text frame ready to type. Choose File>Export>RTF (Rich Text Format)

For all text to export all text frames must be threaded. If they are not you will have to do them individually.

If you just want a select few paragraphs then highlight them and then choose Export>RTF

That can be opened in Word with all styles in tact.

It's unclear with your workflow is here, can you elaborate on what you're trying to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Now it works.

I did the same before but always got the text only formatted in "Standard". I don't know what's different now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines