3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2012 8:16 AM by the_wine_snob

Elements Oranizer 10

Jjbmc

Why can' I open up the organizer?  When I try to open it I get this message: "Elements 10 Organizer has stopped working." "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

• 1. Re: Elements Oranizer 10
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Could be any number of issues.

Could  be your operating system. Or it could be your hardware configuration. Or a lack of free, clean, defragmented space on your C or main drive.

What operating system are you using? How fast is your processor and how much free, clean, defragmented space is on your C drive?

Have you ensured that you have the latest version of Quicktime, per the program's requirements?

• 2. Re: Elements Oranizer 10
            Jjbmc Level 1

It appearded that Elements 9 was not deleted when installing 10. Once I deleted the older version , I can now access the organizer.  Thanks for getting me thinking! John

• 3. Re: Elements Oranizer 10
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Adobe has always allowed one to keep previous versions of their programs on the computer. Upgrades do NOT overwrite, or delete the previous versions, and personally, that is the way that I want things to work. Going back some years, and for various reasons, I had one computer with Photoshop 4.0, 7.0 and CS installed. Each worked fine, side-by-side-by-side. In that installation, I had zero conflicts.

Glad that you got things sorted out.

Happy editing,

Hunt