6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2012 5:41 PM by the_wine_snob

Lost Serial number. Can I get new one through buying new product?

Lauren MacColl

Hi, I'm new to the forums, but not to the products. Been using them over 5 or so years I think. Anyhow, I have an issue that I cannot solve very easily and am kind of stuck.

I bought (well, had my University buy for me.) CS4 Master collection 3-4 years ago for my studies in Animation at University. It was payed for through Uni due to me having a disability. Anyhow. I had it installed through a different company who help out with software needed for disabled people, and so I had no issues with starting it up.

The trouble is it was installed on a laptop, which at the time I needed due to me having to dart around campus for various lectures etc. I needed portability. Now however, I have graduated with a decent degree, unemployed for a year and my laptop is slowly dying on me. It's slowing down, crashing every so often when photoshop/ toonboom is on, just a pain to deal with.

I was trying to install the CS4 on my brand new PC but the serial number is gone. I have no idea where it is, or what happened to it. The only people who MIGHT know what it is are the company who installed it but despite having sent them an email asking for it, I have received nothing.

I was considering buying an upgrade, in fact the CS4 is that student and teacher version, so I thought I aught to get a standard type. Trouble is I heard that I need the original serial number from my CS4 even if I do get a new one.

Is that true? If I buy a new one will it come with a new serial number so I can start afresh? The issues with my old laptop are just getting annoying and I have since bought a new Mac book to replace it.

Any help would be great.

Thank you for your time.