1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 21, 2012 1:26 PM by Trevor.Dennis

Runtime Error

Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

I don't know if this is the right place to ask.

A trojan slipped past my AV yesterday (f-Secure). That is to say it cleaned the file after it had been unzipped, but most of the icons were missing from my desktop. I rolled back a day with System Restore, and all is well other than a couple of Adobe apps.

Premiere Pro CS5 gets stuck at the splash screen, and Photoshop CS5 loads all the way, but immediately puts up:

Runtim Error

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

inDesign CS5 and Lightroom 3 are OK.

I innitially thought it was Photoshop so ran the install to repair it, but no change. There are countless Runtime error hits on Google, but nothing that seems to fit my situation.

Any ideas? (I'll ask on the Photoshop forum as well)

(Win 7 64bit)  I can't find an activity log in f-Secure to tell me what exactly it cleaned yesterday.

• 1. Re: Runtime Error
          Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

I said above that my desktop icons disappeared after the Trojan was cleaned, which made me wonder if it was restricted to the current user account.  So I created another user account and, sure enough, both Premiere Pro and Photoshop ran perfectly.

This is obviously not an Adobe issue, so I’ll go find a suitable place to ask.