3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2012 5:15 AM by Frustrated in AZ

public library books not in ADE

curliwurli

I make the mistake of downloading books from the public library before i had the adobe digital ed. downloaded. So I downloaded ADE.  ADE recognized my nook. But the books from the library are in my computer documents, not anywhere  on my adobe digital ed. page. and I don't know how to get them to go to ADE. So i tried checking out another book, after i downloaded ADE, but it isn't in my adobe digital ed. Now i have 4 checked out books, but can't read any of them, because they are not in my ADE, and not on my nook. GRRRRRRR! 3 hours later...... can anyone help me?

• 1. Re: public library books not in ADE
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

ADE can 'import' ebooks that are on your computer.

First, find out where the library ebooks are located on your computer.

Then, open ADE.  In the Library view pane, put your cursor on the small

arrow next to the word 'Library'.  A drop-down menu will appear.

Pick the 'Add Item To Library' entry by clicking on it.  ADE will open a

window that will let you browse to where the ebook is located.

Then, double-click on the ebook name, and ADE should add it to your

library.  Once it's there, then you can transfer it to your Nook.

Please note that some ebooks cannot be transferred from your computer to

your Nook due to the way digital rights have been assigned by the publisher

or the library.  If you find out you can't transfer the library ebook onto

your Nook, get in touch with the library and see if they can or will fix

that.

Hope this helps!

============

• 2. Re: public library books not in ADE
            curliwurli Level 1

Thank you for your help. i did what you said, but I'm stuck after the "add

item to Library". the window that lets me browse, isn't showing the word

"downloads" which is where the books are. Obviously, I'm not very astute

with computers! Anyway, I don't know how to get those books in a folder, if

in fact that would help me. Should I have my nook plugged into the computer

before(or should I say if) I get this accomplished?

• 3. Re: public library books not in ADE
              Frustrated in AZ Level 4

I'll try to put into words the picture you're seeing.  Hopefully, I'm at

least close.  If this ain't workin' for you, maybe somebody else that you

know is a computer geek (in my case, it's the nine year old down the

street) can help you right at your computer.

The window I think you're seeing has several parts to it.  The top contains

a box where the location that the window points to is located.  There is a

'down arrow' on the right hand side of that box, and if you click on it,

you should see a list of locations on your computer.  These will be the

disk drives and the files on those disk drives.  when you see the list, you

can choose the location of your files - apparently the 'Download' file

folder on your hard drive.  When you click on that entry, the middle of the

screen will change to show you all of the file folders in that location,

and you can put your mouse pointer on the one where your ebooks are located

and click on it.  When you find them, you can double-click on the title.

It will appear in the box at the bottom of the window, and you can click on

OK.  The computer will burp while it digests the ebook, and you will be

returned to the Library view of Digital Editions to do it again.  The

second and successive times will be easier: your computer remembers where

you were last time, and all you should have to do is to double-click on the

ebook titles, then click on OK.

Hope this helps!

================