I have been having this problem intermittently and now it is ggeeting more frequent. Premiere would say it had encountered an error and must shutdow sometimes citing a C++ error. Now, since I started using Plural Eyes it is giving this error indicating Premiere is the faulting app and MSVCR90.DLL is the faulting module. Google searches indicate this module is part of Visual C++ (I believe, apparently, WTF do I know?) I troubleshot it with a Microsft online tech and he said it's Adobe. I disagreed and he had me run scf /scannow on command prompt and that found "no integrity violations". It does say, below, that the faulting app is Premiere. On otherhand, the faulting module path indicates that it's a windows file.. I upgraded to 5.5.2. I upgraded from Win 7 Home Premium to Pro. I ran a deep registry scan, both without luck in stopping this.
According to some google results this module cause other apps to crash so I wonder if it is Premiere. But the Microsoftie sent me here so...
I need help from anyone who has actually had this problem or from Adobe.
|Date:||1/21/2012 10:16:48 PM|
Task Category: (100)
Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 184.108.40.206, time stamp: 0x4e960e56
Faulting module name: MSVCR90.dll, version: 9.0.30729.6161, time stamp: 0x4dace4e7
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000001e480
Faulting process id: 0x16b0
Faulting application start time: 0x01ccd8b2c08833f4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.6161_none_08e61857a 83bc251\MSVCR90.dll
Report Id: 84bb73d6-44a7-11e1-aef3-14dae93e0c03
|<Provider Name="Application Error" />|
|<TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-01-22T03:16:48.000000000Z" />|
|<Data>Adobe Premiere Pro.exe</Data>|
|<Data>C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe</Data>|
Unfortunately all this info doesn't really tell us very much. It just indicates that Premiere crashed while some module was accessing some of the core MS runtime functions. The bigger question is what were you doing when it crashed, and is it consistent. You indicated that it started happening since you started using PluralEyes - that's one possibility. A crash in a plugin won't necessarily be obvious in a crash dump like this unless the crash happens directly in a library that's identifiably part of a plugin. Usually the thing to try is to put PPro back into a 'vanilla' state (ie uninstall 3rd party plugins) & see if the problem persists.